Rochester, New York, Firefighter Patient Drop Injury Lawyers
Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, Jed Dietrich, Esq. Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight on Your Behalf to Win the Highest Recovery Possible If You Were Injured in a Rochester, New York Firefighter Patient Drop Accident.
A firefighter’s primary objective is to save lives. Firefighters fight fires, rescue people from burning buildings, rescue people from crashed cars, and provide medical assistance to those injured in any number of catastrophes. Firefighters use various tools to combat fires and wear special clothing that protects them from sharp objects, heat, and flames. Below are just a few examples of what these trained professionals do every day, during emergencies, to save lives and prevent injuries:
- They use hoses to direct flame-dousing water onto fires;
- They use ladders to rescue people from various heights;
- They use axes to break through doors and walls;
- They use ventilation fans to clear smoke from buildings; and
- They use thermal imaging cameras to locate people inside burning buildings.
When firefighters rush into a burning building to save lives, they might not always be aware of all of the potential hazards inside. In some cases, they can cause accidental injuries or loss of life to the very people they are trying to save. Did you or a loved one suffer injuries as a result of being dropped by a Rochester firefighter? To get your claim started quickly, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online. Throughout a highly respected and impressive legal career, Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s efforts have been recognized by trusted organizations. By clicking here, you can learn more about the president of our firm’s awe-inspiring accolades.Life-Saving Services
Overall, firefighting professionals must be aware of the potential risks involved in their work. By taking precautions and being careful, they can help to prevent accidental injuries or loss of life. While firefighting crews are highly trained and dedicated to providing the best in life-saving emergency services, mistakes occur more often than most realize. Below are several examples of what can happen when a victim is accidentally dropped while being saved from a raging fire, car accident, or other emergency by firefighting crews.
- Bruises and Contusions: These are the most common injuries caused by dropping somebody who is being extracted from a dangerous situation. The impact from hitting the ground can cause bruising and bleeding under the skin.
- Sprains and Strains: These occur when the muscles or ligaments are stretched beyond their normal range of motion. This can happen if somebody is dropped awkwardly or lands on an uneven surface.
- Fractures: An accidental Rochester firefighter patient drop can put enough force on the victim’s bones to cause them to break or crack.
- Head Injuries: Dropping a rescue victim can cause them to hit their head on the ground, resulting in concussions, skull fractures, or other traumatic brain injuries.
- Neck and Back Injuries: These can occur if someone is dropped on their head or neck or if they land in an awkward position.
- Internal Bleeding: Dropping a person that is being rescued from a high floor of a burning building can cause organs to rupture or bleed, which can be life-threatening.
- Dislocated Joints: This happens when the bones in a joint are forced out of alignment. This can be extremely painful and may require surgery to fix.
- Shock: This potentially life-threatening condition occurs when the body cannot circulate blood properly.
If injuries are sustained in a Rochester firefighter patient drop incident, victims will likely be taken to one of the main city hospitals, such as Rochester General Hospital, located on Portland Avenue. Rochester General Hospital was recently recognized as one of America’s 50 best hospitals. This and other top rated medical facilities in the region are well-equipped to handle many serious injuries and traumas, including those caused by being dropped.
HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFERED A ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, FIREFIGHTER PATIENT DROP INJURY?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF TRUSTED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW!
WE CAN HELP YOU OBTAIN FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR AN ACCIDENT– VISIT US ONLINE OR CALL TODAY! WE FIGHT FOR YOU!
In a fire-related emergency, every second counts. If you find yourself in a situation where a firefighter is trying to save you, there are some things you can do to help. First and foremost, follow the firefighter's instructions. They know what they are doing and are there to help you. This will significantly reduce the risk of firefighter patient drop injuries occurring. If you are able, try to stay calm. This will help the firefighters focus on their job and ensure they do not miss anything. If you are trapped, try not to panic. If you can do so safely, attempt to find something that can be used to attract the firefighters' attention, like a flashlight or a piece of bright fabric. If you have a cellphone, call 911 and tell them your exact location.
Whatever you do, do not try to go back into the building for any reason. Firefighters will locate you and your loved ones and get you to safety. Helping a firefighter save you in an emergency is all about attempting to stay calm and cooperative. The Rochester Fire Department would likely be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding what to do in the event of a house fire. You can find all their contact information on their website by clicking here. Another great resource that offers a wealth of information related to fire departments throughout the state of New York is NewYorkStateFire.com.
When they do occur, Rochester firefighter patient drop injuries can result in debilitating, life-changing injuries. Hospital stays, medical expenses, and lost wages all demand just compensation. If you or someone you love has been injured due to being dropped by a Rochester firefighter, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online by clicking here.Investigating The Accident To Determine Fault
The right personal injury attorney can help Rochester firefighter patient drop injury victims in many ways. They can:
- Investigate the accident to determine who was at fault;
- Gather evidence and eyewitness testimony to support the victim's case;
- Negotiate with the other party's insurance company on the victim's behalf to get them the maximum compensation possible; and
- Represent the victim in court if necessary.
You can do a few things to help your Rochester personal injury lawyer if you have been injured while being rescued from a fire. First, keep all documentation related to the accident and your injuries. In addition, be sure to keep a detailed journal of everything that has happened since the accident. Finally, stay in close contact with your Rochester injury lawyer and keep them updated on any new developments in your case. The more information they have, the better your Rochester firefighter patient drop personal injury lawyer will be able to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask. We are here to help you through what can be a challenging time. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today by calling (585) 939-3939 or visiting us online.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!