Child Bike Accident Injury Lawyers In Rochester, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Is Recognized As A Best Lawyer of America. He Has Dedicated His Career to Combating Negligence and Injustice. If Your Child Has Been Hurt While Riding a Bicycle in Monroe County or Rochester, New York, You Could Be Eligible for Compensation.
Learning how to ride a bicycle is an important rite of passage for many children. While children are often excited to begin exploring the world atop two wheels, many parents have understandable safety concerns. Although wearing a helmet and learning the rules of the road can help protect bicyclists, they remain an inherently dangerous mode of transportation. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Statistics, the risks of riding a bicycle are almost on par with the risks of riding a motorcycle.
Risk management is an important part of both parenting and growing older. Nobody should have to forfeit the experience of learning to ride a bicycle just because some motorists are irresponsible. Unfortunately, when accidents occur, they can be catastrophic, irrevocably altering the life of a child and their family.
If your child has been injured in a Rochester bicycle accident, you deserve the best resources for recovery. Since its founding, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has helped our clients secure more than $175 million in damages—money that individuals, parents, and families have used to pay off their medical bills, seek treatment, and begin the process of piecing their lives back together after a tragic accident. Our highly experienced team of attorneys could help you and your child get the settlement you need and the justice you deserve. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.Rochester Bicycle Laws
New York State law is clear: no matter the age of the operator, bicyclists have a legal right to use most roadways. Cyclists often have no choice but to share the road. Many cities and municipalities have local laws, known as ordinances, prohibiting the use of bicycles on sidewalks.
The City of Rochester, for instance, requires all bicycle riders over the age of 12 to stay off sidewalks whenever possible and use designated bicycle-only lanes when they are available. If there are no bicycle-only lanes available, bicyclists should stay on the shoulder or rightmost portion of the roadway, taking care not to interfere with the flow of traffic. However, Rochester has different rules for children under the age of 12. Since many young children do not have the experience needed to navigate in and around automobiles, they may only operate bicycles in certain settings. If a child is under the age of 12, they may only cycle on or in:
- Cycle tracks;
- The Genesee River Trail; and
- Other multi-use trails.
The Rochester General Ordinances only allow children under the age of 12 to bicycle in other areas and on other surfaces if they are accompanied by an adult. If your child is injured in a bicycle accident that is not their fault, they could be entitled to significant compensation from a personal injury lawsuit. This money could be used to pay off your child’s hospital bills and seek medical care.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., is a recognized Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year. Since establishing the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has helped hundreds of families across Rochester and Western New York obtain justice for their injuries. He could help you, too. Please call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at 585-939-3939 to discuss your potential legal strategies and options for recompense.
HAS YOUR CHILD BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED IN A BICYCLE ACCIDENT IN OR AROUND ROCHESTER?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The immediate aftermath of a child bicycle accident could be chaotic, especially if your child sustained visible or serious injuries. You may be upset, frustrated, and worried about your child’s health and well-being. However, the actions you take after an accident could significantly influence your ability to obtain a successful legal recovery. You should:
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Even if you do not believe your child was seriously injured in the accident, you should still seek prompt medical attention. In many cases, children have difficulties verbalizing how they feel. A doctor could help you diagnose and treat any unseen injuries.
- Call Law Enforcement: Many people do not wish to “complicate” an accident by calling the police, especially if the at-fault driver is apologetic. However, a police report could serve as critical evidence that the other motorist was at fault.
- Gather Evidence from the Crash Site: If you witnessed the accident, you could try to collect evidence from the crash site. You could take pictures of your child’s injuries, the other vehicle, and any nearby road signs and traffic control signals.
- Speak to Eyewitnesses: Eyewitness testimonies can make-or-break child bicycle accident claims. If another person saw the accident, you should ask them for their name, phone number, and contact information.
- Contact an Attorney: You stand your best chance of making a full legal recovery when you have an experienced attorney on your side. A lawyer could help you investigate the causes of the accident, collect evidence, and create a compelling argument for compensation.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has years of experience standing up against reckless motorists, negligent businesses, and insurance companies. Please send the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. a message online or call us today at 585-939-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!