Skaneateles Car Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for People Who Were Injured in Car Accidents in Skaneateles, New York.
Skaneateles, New York is a town known for the majestic Skaneateles Lake. The name “Skaneateles” is from the Native American Iroquois tribe and means “long lake.” People are drawn to this historical town because of its vast pastures of farmland and waterfront homes. In the middle of Skaneateles is Route 20, a highway connecting two populous New York cities: Auburn and Albany. As a result, Skaneateles gets a lot of traffic from commuters passing through. Oftentimes, Route 20 gets congested and car accidents can occur. One person was severely injured when their vehicle hit a utility pole on Route 20. Another accident took place on Route 20 when a car and tractor-trailer were involved in a a head-on collision leaving one person killed. In general, the influx of cars traveling along Route 20 in Skaneateles can lead to harmful car accidents.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in a car accident in Skaneateles, New York, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and the attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will provide you with outstanding legal services. The leader of our firm, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has secured $1,000,000 or more, at least 38 times on behalf of his clients. He has also received numerous accolades from elite law organizations for his exceptional work in personal injury law. In addition, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is recognized as a Best Law Firm of America and an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm. Based on our five-star client testimonials, the lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are committed to providing you with the highest quality of legal assistance. Our attorneys offer the best professional care and are determined to fight for your personal injury claim relentlessly. Call 716-839-3939 today for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, and would be delighted to help you.Tips To Prevent A Winter Car Accident In Skaneateles, New York
According to the United States Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration, approximately 116,000 people suffer car accident injuries due to snowy, icy, and slushy roads each year. Skaneateles, New York is a town known for its harsh winters and frosty climate. Skaneateles averages around 90 inches of snow each year, while the United States average is only 28 inches per year. In addition, Skaneateles has the most rainfall around the same time that the temperatures begin to fall below zero. As a result, the combination of snow, rain, freezing temperatures, and ice can make driving difficult in Skaneateles. The following are a few tips you can use to help you avoid car crashes in the Skaneateles winter weather:
- Prepare Your Vehicle: Before driving on snowy roads, it is important to make sure your vehicle is ready to face the harsh weather. First, you should make sure your tires have enough pressure, so that they will be able to provide adequate traction. In cold temperatures, the car battery power can drop, so make sure to check your battery before driving. Additionally, antifreeze is a useful tool that regulates the car engine in extreme weather conditions. Lastly, make sure your car is in low gear, so your vehicle has a better grip.
- Drive Slowly: In the winter weather, it is important to reduce your speed substantially. Slow and controlled movements can help avoid skidding on the road. In fact, police in Skaneateles urged residents to drive slowly after a woman sustained injuries when her vehicle slipped off of Vinegar Hill Road due to slush on the street.
- Know How to Recover From a Skid: One way to avoid losing control of your vehicle is knowing how to recover from a skid. If you start to skid, begin turning the steering wheel in the direction the car is skidding. If you have antilock brakes, press firmly on the brake pedal; if not, repeatedly pump lightly on the brakes. Knowing these helpful tips might have helped a driver who slid off of Route 20 and struck a tractor-trailer. The accident happened in snowy weather conditions, and sadly the driver was critically injured.
- Keep a Good Following Distance: Lastly, it is important to keep a lot of space between your car and the vehicle in front of you. When the road is icy, your car needs more space to reach a complete stop. If you keep a reasonable distance, you will have more time to react appropriately and avoid hitting the vehicle in front of you.
Unfortunately, even if you follow all of these winter driving tips, car accidents still happen and not only during snowy weather conditions. If you, or a loved one, were injured in a serious motor vehicle accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys are compassionate, devoted, and the best of the best. The leader of our firm, Jed Dietrich, Esq., is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and has over twenty other honors that acknowledge outstanding lawyers with the highest level of professional achievement. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today for top rated legal assistance.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A VEHICLE ACCIDENT IN SKANEATELES, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS OUTSTANDING TEAM OF SKANEATELES, NEW YORK CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 TO GET THE LEGAL ASSISTANCE YOU DESERVE!
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in Skaneateles, New York, it is important that you know what to do in that situation. The following are steps you should take to document a car accident in Skaneateles, New York, safely:
- After the crash, safely pull over to the side of the road if you are able to safely do so.
- Check on the condition of all passengers to see if any are injured.
- Call 911 to contact the police or dial 315-685-3456 to reach the Skaneateles Police Department directly.
- Exchange information with the other drivers and passengers involved in the crash.
- Take photos of the damage to the vehicles involved and any visible injuries.
- Contact the personal injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., and we will handle the rest.
Please note that if you are severely injured in a car crash, the first step should be to seek medical treatment immediately. After your injuries are cared for, the attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can represent you. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his staff of highly qualified lawyers will aggressively fight for your personal injury claim. Our elite team of top rated attorneys has obtained over $175 million on behalf of our clients. The lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will strive to achieve the best possible resolution for your case. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today for a free consultation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Skaneateles, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!