Rochester Waterskiing Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Tremendously Talented Team of Rochester Injury Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Are Committed to Obtaining Unsurpassed Results for Victims Seriously Injured in Waterskiing Accidents in Rochester, New York.
During the hot summer months, residents of Rochester, New York, take to Lake Ontario and the majestic Finger Lakes to cool off. Waterskiing is an extremely popular way to beat the heat. The water sport involves someone being pulled over a body of water behind a jet ski or boat. Waterskiers can skim the surface of the water on one or two skis. Every year, there are roughly 11 million water skiers and more than 900 certified waterskiing competitions throughout the United States. There are numerous options for recreational and competitive waterskiers, such as trick skiing, speed skiing, slaloming, show skiing, jumping, wake skiing, and even barefoot skiing. Although there is nothing better than heading out on the lake with friends and family, it can also be incredibly dangerous. Unfortunately, when the weather heats up, waterskiing accidents tend to happen at an alarming rate.
Suppose that you, or a loved one, have been severely injured or worse in a waterskiing mishap caused by someone else’s negligence. In that case, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit and hold those responsible liable. You owe it to yourself to retain Rochester, New York’s finest personal injury attorney. We appreciate the intense strain that you may be coping with as you fight to get your life back together. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested attorneys have extensive experience in devising very successful waterskiing injury claims. You need a lawyer who will assertively litigate your claim and ensure that the legal system works in your favor.
Our team of Rochester personal injury lawyers offers confidential case evaluations and consultations. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 585-939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. Hiring a highly-qualified Rochester personal injury attorney to pursue your lawsuit is crucial. Kindly contact us at your earliest possible opportunity to schedule your free consultation.Serious Injuries Associated With Waterskiing
Injuries sustained in waterskiing accidents vary greatly in severity, from minor scrapes to complete paralysis or wrongful death. While victims with shallow wounds can usually heal on their own, more severe injuries often leave water skiers requiring treatment in emergency rooms or even intensive care units (ICUs). The most common injuries suffered in waterskiing incidents involve the following:
- Facial and craniofacial injuries;
- Lacerations to the neck and head;
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) sprains or ruptures;
- Medial collateral ligament (MCL) sprains or ruptures;
- Shoulder sprains, dislocations, and fractures;
- Wrist and thumb fractures;
- Ankle strains and sprains;
- Internal organ damage and hemorrhaging;
- Severe concussions and blunt-force head trauma; and
- Damage to the soft tissues in the back and lower trunk.
Skiers face plenty of risks, like making contact with the water skis, buoys, water, or tow handles, water. Unfortunately, thousands of water skiers are treated in hospitals across the country each year. Approximately 1/3 of all injuries suffered in water skiing occur to the lower extremities. Slalom skiing carries the highest risk of injury even when compared to trick waterskiing and jumping.
WERE YOU INJURED IN A WATERSKIING ACCIDENT IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK WATERSKIING ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE SUPPORT THAT YOU NEED!
Waterskiing can be a very fun water sport and even provide a total body workout. While some joint pain and muscle soreness are normal, especially when beginning to waterski, water skiers should watch out for persistence or worsening pain. Additionally, it is imperative to know the dangers before heading out onto the water. Some potential risk factors that can lead to waterskiing accidents include:
- Experience and Fitness Level: The type of injuries suffered tend to vary depending on the skier’s level of experience and the type of waterskiing being performed. Inexperienced skiers have a higher risk of suffering enema and douche injuries while launching. Since waterskiing requires the body to maintain proper posture and balance, low fitness levels also increase the chances of sustaining injury.
- Environment: Bad weather and water conditions pose a significant risk to water skiers. Without proper visibility or adequate space, skiing is extremely dangerous. You should never ski during inclement weather or in restricted or crowded areas.
- Drugs or Alcohol: Both waterskiing and operating a watercraft under the influence of drugs or alcohol considerably heightens the risk of unnecessary accidents and resulting injuries.
- Lack of Equipment: Regardless of the water skier’s swimming ability, he or she should never go out onto the water without a lifejacket or personal flotation device. In case of an accident, doing so is likely to result in drowning. There are lifejackets designed specifically to allow movement and still provide floating for injured skiers.
- Unqualified Watercraft Operators: Piloting a boat with a water skier on the back requires a much higher skill level than simply navigating it. Skiers are more likely to collide with objects on or near the water when untrained and unskilled navigators fail to maintain a steady and obstacle-free course. At a minimum, operators must avoid weaving, speeding, causing wakes in a no-wake zone, and any distractions.
Although a majority of waterskiing accidents involve a lack of judgment or carelessness, proving negligence often presents various difficulties. Unlike other accidents, waterskiing mishaps tend to be harder to reconstruct because evidence gets destroyed by tides, moved by currents, or sinks. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our seasoned investigators will meticulously investigate your accident, work to safeguard the evidence, and present the strongest case. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., documented as a Best Law Firm of America, will zealously litigate to get the best possible outcome for your case, which may include compensation for your hospital bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and much more. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite attorneys can be reached 24 hours a day and 7 days a week by dialing 585-939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. If you have been severely injured in a waterskiing accident, please schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation now.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!