Rochester Teen Car Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq., and His Team of Expert Personal Injury Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Will Fight to Win the Highest Compensation Possible for Those Injured in Car Accidents Involving Teen Drivers in Rochester, New York.
For many teenagers, driving is a gateway to independence. However, teens are some of the road’s most accident-prone drivers. You may be wondering why that is. Research points to a combination of factors, including inexperience and the ongoing development of the adolescent brain. In New York State, teens are responsible for 78% of collisions that result in fatal or incapacitating injuries. This contrasts with adult drivers, who are responsible for fifty-eight percent of collisions with the same results. What’s more, in a single recent year, injuries caused by teen drivers amounted to nearly $23,000,000.00 in hospital costs in New York State.
Led by Jed Dietrich, Esq., our skilled attorneys are here to offer you the help you need. If you have been injured in a car accident involving a teen driver, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 585-939-3939. With over two decades of experience assisting individuals in personal injury cases, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has obtained $175 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. He has won numerous cases for victims injured in car collisions in Western New York, including resolving a car accident injury case for $11 million and obtaining $4.5 million for the family of a pedestrian who was negligently struck on a crosswalk by a school bus.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., has been recognized as a Best of the Best Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney and as one of the 10 Best Attorneys by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. He is also among only five percent of the attorneys in Upstate New York to be a member of the Super Lawyers. It can be traumatic to be injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, especially if you are typically a cautious driver. If you have been injured in a collision involving a teen driver in Rochester, New York, contact our office by calling 585-939-3939 or visiting us online for a free consultation. Our team of teen car accident attorneys in Rochester, New York, is waiting to provide you with representation that is equal parts compassionate and competent. We will never charge you until we have obtained a judgment in your favor. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.Common Causes Of Car Accidents Involving Teen Drivers
The saying goes, “practice makes perfect.” Statistics show that unsupervised teen drivers are at the highest risk of collision during their initial months behind the wheel in New York State. Two of the most common causes for teen-involved car crashes are:
- Lack of Experience: In collisions that resulted in fatalities or incapacitating injuries where the driver was sixteen or seventeen years old, driver inexperience was a contributing factor eight percent of the time. This contrasts with drivers between the ages of twenty-five and forty-nine, for whom inexperience was responsible for serious injuries only 0.5% of the time.
- Speeding: In crashes that resulted in fatalities or incapacitating injuries where the driver was sixteen or seventeen years old, unsafe speed was a contributing factor twenty-one percent of the time. This contrasts with drivers aged 25 to 49, wherein unsafe speed was a factor 10% of the time.
Regardless of the cause, our Rochester teen car accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are eager to help. Call us at 585-939-3939 or visit us online for a free consultation. We will not charge you a fee until we have won your case.Brain Development In Teen Drivers
Research from a single recent year shows that the most common causes of teen-involved car accidents are left turns, rear-end events, and running off the road. Many of these errors can be chalked up to inexperience. But a lack of skill is not the only culprit for collisions caused by young drivers. Even a teen who has logged many hours behind the wheel before receiving their driver’s license can still pose significant risks to other drivers.
The reason for this? The frontal lobe of the brain is underdeveloped in adolescents. The frontal lobe enables us to make decisions, control our behavior, and manage complex tasks. Three of these cognitive processes, known as executive functions, are especially important when it comes to enabling us to make safe decisions on the road:
- Working Memory: A person’s working memory is based on their ability to assess pieces of information from one moment to the next. Working memory is the basis of an individual’s ability to multi-task, and adolescents with less working memory self-report higher rates of crashes and traffic citations.
- Inhibitory Control: This executive function refers to a person’s ability to filter out irrelevant information. A lack of inhibitory control when driving may translate into failing to ignore distractions for teenagers. It is often associated with self-reported risky driving behavior, poor lane maintenance, and speeding.
- Set-Shifting: Set-shifting refers to an individual’s ability to either maintain or shift their attention as their settings demand. This may include a failure to scan the road for hazards ahead.
If you have been injured in a car accident involving a teen driver, you need help figuring out how to return to normalcy. Our skilled Rochester teen car accident lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are ready to help you get there. Call us at 585-939-3939 or visit us online, and we will give you a free consultation.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN A CAR ACCIDENT INVOLVING A TEEN DRIVER IN ROCHESTER, NEW YORK?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS EXPERT TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, TEEN CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We do not charge you until we WIN for you!