Rochester, New York, Self-Driving Car Accident Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Are Committed to Defending the Rights of Individuals Who Sustain Serious Injuries in Self-Driving Car Accidents in Rochester, New York.
Self-driving cars are still a rarity on Rochester roads. However, autonomous vehicles occupy an ever-growing share of the American automobile market. Over the course of the next several years, experts predict that annual sales of self-driving vehicles will be worth $37 billion. While self-driving cars are only expected to become more popular, they remain affected by serious design flaws that can put others in danger. If you have been injured by a driverless car, you could file a personal injury lawsuit to recover your losses.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we believe that nobody should have to pay the price for another person’s negligence. Our experienced legal team could help you secure the compensation you need and the justice you deserve. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free consultation as soon as possible.The Understated Dangers Of Self-Driving Cars
Many self-driving car companies have massive marketing budgets and far-reaching political influence. Large-scale advertising campaigns have led many Americans to believe that autonomous automobiles are less prone to accidents than those operated by people. Unfortunately, research suggests that the self-driving car revolution may not herald a new era in road safety. In fact, data scientists have found that driverless cars have a higher rate of accidents than human-driven cars. This may be because:
- Self-Driving Cars Provide a False Sense of Security: Even the best-developed autonomous cars still require significant human input. Tesla’s latest models still score a 2 on the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)’s Levels of Driving Automation ranking. This means that Tesla’s vehicles cannot safely operate without constant supervision and correction. When Rochester residents or travelers passing through the city erroneously believe that their self-driving cars can handle traffic on their own, they could cause serious Rochester car accidents.
- The Technology Is Still Being Developed: Most Americans can remember a time when self-driving cars were a far-flung fantasy. While autonomous vehicles may now be a reality, their technology remains imperfect. In 2020, the American Automobile Association found that many self-driving vehicles experienced, on average, at least 1 critical error per every 8 miles driven. If a driver is not attentive, their brakes or assisted steering system could disengage without warning, putting their life and the safety of everyone around them at risk.
- Road Conditions Can Be Too Complex for Computers: Self-driving cars can undoubtedly help consumers perform basic tasks with precision. However, Rochester roadways are dominated by human drivers: people whose actions are guided by training, instinct, and common sense, rather than computer-driven calculations. A self-driving car on autopilot might be able to parallel park itself, but it cannot make eye contact with another driver at an intersection, interpret hand signals, or account for unexpected events.
Regardless of how they happen, self-driving car accidents can have serious consequences. In one recent incident, a Queens resident was hit by an autonomous vehicle in New York City. The 52-year-old man was changing a tire on the Long Island Expressway when a Tesla on autopilot struck him. While the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration dispatched an investigative team, Tesla itself stressed the need for drivers to be constantly alert and ready to intervene.
If you, or a loved one, have been hurt in a self-driving car accident in Rochester, New York, you might have options for recourse. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is committed to representing automobile accident victims across the state. Since our firm’s founding, our dedicated team of hardworking attorneys has secured more than $175 million in damages on behalf of our clients. Please send us a message online or call us today at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.Potential Injuries After A Rochester Driverless Car Accident
Self-driving car crashes are similar to other types of automobile accidents, with injuries varying with the severity of a collision. The most common types of injuries suffered by self-driving car crash victims include:
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Bruises and contusions;
- Broken and fractured bones;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Internal organ damage;
- Serious burns;
- Limb loss and partial amputations;
- Disability; and
- Wrongful death.
The operator and passengers of self-driving cars face another significant hazard: fire. Many self-driving vehicles are electric. Instead of gasoline, they run off rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. While these batteries are generally safe, they can catch fire when damaged. The United States Department of Energy has noted several cases in which electric vehicles’ batteries caught fire. In one incident, firefighters found themselves unable to extinguish the flames from a 2019 Tesla Model S that had crashed into a tree on autopilot, killing two passengers; it took four hours and 30,000 gallons of water for first responders to control the conflagration.
While these accidents may be rare, they have been linked to a number of recent injuries and deaths. Even if a self-driving car crash victim is able to recover from their injuries, they may still find themselves saddled by hospital bills and unable to work or provide for their loved ones. The costs of a medical recovery could stretch into the tens of thousands of dollars, presenting a seemingly insurmountable obstacle.
DID YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFER INJURIES AFTER A SELF-DRIVING CAR ACCIDENT IN OR AROUND ROCHESTER?
YOU COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR COMPENSATION, BUT YOU NEED TO ACT FAST: THERE ARE STRICT TIME CONSTRAINTS APPLICABLE TO AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT INJURY CLAIMS THAT COULD PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING A FAIR RECOVERY.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Proving fault in self-driving vehicle cases can be difficult. The other motorist might claim that a technical error in their car’s autopilot caused the accident and that they bear no personal responsibility for your injuries. Depending on the nature of your accident, they may be right. Oftentimes, self-driving car crash victims stand their best chance of recovery when they pursue damages from multiple defendants. The potential defendants in a self-driving car accident could include:
- The at-fault motorist;
- The vehicle manufacturer;
- The automotive parts maker; and
- The A.I. software developer.
Whether you are taking on a negligent motorist, a multi-billion-dollar self-driving car company, or an automobile insurance company, you stand your best chance of recovery when you have a seasoned attorney by your side. If you were hurt in a self-driving car accident that was not your fault, you deserve better than a low-ball settlement or bad faith negotiations. You deserve a full legal recovery. Please call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at 585-939-3939 to discuss your options for compensation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!