Rochester School Bus Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq., is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America. He Has Dedicated His Career to Every Rochester and New York Resident Who Has Suffered Because Of Another Person’s Negligence. If You, Or A Loved One, Have Been Injured in a Rochester School Bus Accident, The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Could Help You Get the Justice You Deserve.
Parents across Monroe County count on school buses to take their children to and from school. Ordinarily, travel by school bus poses little risk of injury. Even in the worst of Western New York’s winter weather, travel by school bus is relatively safe. Unfortunately, school bus drivers can still make mistakes. If a driver is reckless, negligent, or exhausted, they could endanger the lives and well-being of their young passengers. When children are involved, minor accidents can cause devastating injuries, driving families to turmoil and financial ruin.
If your child has been injured in a Rochester school bus accident, you could be saddled with unexpected debt, making it difficult to care for your child and keep the roof over your head. In the aftermath of a tragic accident, you may believe that you only have a few options for relief. However, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. believes that no child should suffer for another person’s bad decision. Our experienced team of attorneys is dedicated to providing Rochester families with the highest level of personal injury service. Since our founding in 2005, we have secured more than $175 million in damages for our clients. We know what it takes to hold wrongdoers accountable for their misconduct. We could help you, too. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today.School Bus Safety And Accidents
The New York Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee estimates that school buses transport 2.3 million children to and from New York schools every year. Despite how far and often they travel, school buses remain a surprisingly safe mode of transportation. The United States Department of Transportation has found that children who travel to school by bus are 70 times less likely to be involved in an accident than those who travel by car.
Unfortunately, school buses still have risks. About 128 people die in school transportation-related incidents every year, and thousands more are injured. School bus accidents have many potential causes. Some of the most common include:
- Bus drivers who speed or otherwise break the law;
- Bus drivers who are distracted or exhausted;
- Bus drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Bus drivers who are improperly trained or certified; and
- Poor vehicle maintenance.
Other motorists can also cause school bus accidents. In one recent incident, three people were injured on Paul Road in Chili when a vehicle failed to yield the right-of-way to a mini-school bus. Fortunately, there were no children aboard. Everyone makes mistakes. But when someone gets behind the wheel of a car, they assume a legal duty of care. In other words, they are obligated by state and federal law to drive in a way that minimizes the risk of injury, both to themself and other people. When people neglect their duty of care, innocent children can be seriously injured.
If your child was injured in a school bus accident, you could hold the at-fault driver, the school district, and the vehicle manufacturer liable for your damages. Jed Dietrich, Esq., has dedicated his career to the victims of negligence. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of experienced attorneys have seen first-hand how serious and long-lasting the impact of an accident can be. When we take on a school bus injury case, we pursue every available legal strategy to ensure that our clients get the compensation they need and the justice they deserve. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free consultation.
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE EXPERIENCING NECK OR BACK PAIN AFTER A ROCHESTER SCHOOL BUS ACCIDENT?
IF SO, YOU NEED TO ACT FAST: NEW YORK HAS A STRICT STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS THAT LIMITS HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO FILE A CLAIM AFTER A ROCHESTER BUS CRASH.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
New York State allows the victims of negligence to pursue compensation after a school bus collision. However, your ability to receive a fair and equitable recovery may depend on the decisions you make in the aftermath of the crash. To maximize your chance of making a full legal recovery, you could:
- Document the Injuries: If you have been hit by a school bus, photograph the crash site and any visible injuries you may have sustained. If your child has been involved in a school bus accident, take pictures of their injuries and create a written record of your observations and their medical complaints.
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Even if you do not believe your child sustained serious injuries in the accident, you should still seek medical attention. Children are not always the best at explaining or expressing pain. A physician could help identify any hidden injuries.
- Protect Related Evidence: You should preserve any evidence related to the accident. If the school bus driver or district official tries to explain the cause of the crash, take notes and keep them in a safe place. If any other children were injured in the collision, speak to their parents.
- Contact A Rochester School Bus Accident Attorney: You stand your best chance at securing a fair and equitable settlement when you have an experienced school bus accident lawyer on your side. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has spent years fighting for the rights of parents across Western New York.
When you are contemplating a lawsuit against a school district, education official, or bus driver, time is not on your side. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you file a complaint in accordance with state and local law. Our attorneys could investigate the cause of the crash and analyze the available evidence to construct a compelling case for recompense. Do not let deadlines and legal barriers prevent you from getting justice: please send the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 today.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!