Rochester Pregnant Woman Slip and Fall Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq., is Recognized as a Super Lawyer and Elite Lawyer of America. If You, or a Pregnant Loved One, Sustained Serious Injuries in a Rochester Slip and Fall Accident, The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Could Secure You the Compensation You Deserve.
Slip and fall accidents are common occurrences that affect people of all ages. However, their risks are not borne equally. When a pregnant woman sustains an unexpected fall, she has to worry about more than her own physical health and well-being. Although any slip and fall accident could send an expecting mother to the hospital, a sprained ankle, pulled muscle, or broken bone may be the least of her concerns. Even if she suffered no noticeable injuries, the force of a sudden impact could affect her unborn baby in ways that are difficult to anticipate.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has spent years fighting for the rights of Rochester slip and fall accident injury victims. We have seen first-hand how inadequate property maintenance devastates not only individual lives but entire families. When we take on a new case, we do everything in our power to ensure that our clients receive the financial support they need to recover from a catastrophic accident. While no amount of money can truly compensate for an injury to an unborn child, Jed Dietrich, Esq., could help you hold a negligent business accountable for its misconduct, fighting for the settlement you need to provide for a baby whose potential may have been compromised before they ever had the opportunity to flourish. Please send the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. a message online or call us at (585) 939-3939 today to schedule your free consultation as soon as possible.How Slip and Fall Accidents Endanger Pregnant Women and Unborn Babies
In the immediate aftermath of a slip and fall, it is often the mother who sustains the most injury. After all: the womb is an incredibly safe place for unborn babies. Protected by their mother’s pelvic bones, amniotic fluid, and the robust membranes of the uterus, fetuses can survive even relatively serious accidents unscathed. However, the risk of injury increases as a pregnancy progresses. In general, falls in the second or third trimester present the greatest danger of complications. A significant slip and fall accident injury could result in:
- Placental Abruption: An abruption is a serious injury that could threaten the lives of both the mother and the baby. They occur when the placenta separates from the inner wall of the uterus before delivery. If this happens, the baby could be deprived of critical oxygen and nutrients. Abruptions are not always immediately noticeable. However, they typically cause heavy uterine bleeding. Unfortunately, even if doctors are able to control the bleeding and save the fetus, extended oxygen deprivation could cause serious birth injuries, including childhood disabilities and developmental disorders.
- Fetal Skull Fracture: Fetal skull fractures can be fatal. Even if the unborn baby is able to survive the injury until delivery, a fracture could cause serious, lasting, and irreversible brain damage.
- Premature Birth: A slip and fall accident or other traumatic injuries could force a mother into preterm labor. While premature births have variable outcomes, they pose a heightened risk of infant mortality, childhood disability, and cognitive impairment.
- Broken Bones: While broken bones can be painful, a fracture is not always considered an especially serious injury. However, pregnancy can complicate even routine medical treatments, especially if physicians have to perform surgery or prescribe pain medication. Since intensive care can adversely affect fetal development, mothers might be advised to forgo treatment until after they have given birth, forcing them to withstand incredible pain and suffering for the sake of their baby.
If a property owner’s refusal to abide by New York’s property code caused you, or a loved one, to suffer a slip and fall accident while pregnant, you have the legal right to hold them accountable for any injuries you or your unborn child suffered as a consequence. You do not have to suffer in silence. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 today.
HAVE YOU OR A PREGNANT LOVED ONE BEEN INJURED IN A SLIP AND FALL
ACCIDENT IN OR AROUND ROCHESTER?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER,
NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW
TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Even though slip and fall accidents are a common occurrence, they pose an incredible danger to pregnant women. If you, or a loved one, have suffered a slip and fall accident injury while pregnant, you could protect your health and your baby’s life by:
- Seeking Immediate Medical Attention: You should always seek immediate medical attention after any serious accident, especially if you are pregnant. Even if you do not believe that you have sustained any injuries, you cannot know how the slip and fall may have affected your unborn child. When you arrive at the hospital, make sure you inform medical personnel that you are pregnant. Follow your physician’s care recommendations carefully, and schedule a follow-up appointment with your OB/GYN.
- Informing the Property Owner of the Accident: Submit an accident report to the property owner as soon as possible and preserve a copy of the same.
- Preserving Evidence of the Incident: If you have the opportunity to remain at the accident site, photograph the slippery condition that caused your slip and fall accident as well as your visible injuries. Additionally, if you believe that a bystander may have witnessed your accident, ask them for their full name, phone number, and other contact information. Their testimony could be critical if you need to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
- Documenting Your Injury Symptoms: You could keep a pain journal or post-accident diary detailing your recollection of events as well as any medical signs and symptoms you experience after the slip and fall.
- Contacting an Attorney: You do not need to wait for a worst-case outcome to contact a Rochester slip and fall attorney. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you begin investigating your accident with urgency, ensuring that you have the evidence needed to prevail in your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Slip and fall accidents always have the potential to cause debilitating and even disabling injuries. However, the stakes are higher for pregnant women, who must contend not only with their own injuries but the well-being of their unborn child. Since 2005, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has been committed to protecting the rights of the most vulnerable members of our community. We could help you investigate the circumstances of your slip and fall accident and connect you with medical professionals who could assess the extent of your injuries, determining how much compensation you need to provide for yourself and your family. Please send Jed Dietrich, Esq., a message online or contact us at (585) 939-3939 to schedule your free consultation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!