Rochester Playground Injury
Your Family Deserves an Attorney Who Is Committed to Providing the Highest Level of Personal Injury Service. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Hardworking Attorneys Will Go the Distance to Get You the Compensation You Deserve.
Almost everyone has suffered a schoolyard injury at some point or another. Playground accidents are often innocent, amounting to little more than a child’s scraped knee or wounded pride. Unfortunately, some have very serious outcomes that can leave young children disabled, depriving them of good health and future opportunities. Even seemingly simple injuries, like a fractured bone, may require months of recovery. The costs of treatment can accumulate unexpectedly, thrusting families into dire financial straits.
You do not have to bear this burden alone. If your child was injured in a playground accident, you could be entitled to significant financial compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of personal injury service. Our skilled team of seasoned attorneys could help you secure the financial relief you need and the justice you deserve. Please call us today at (585) 939-3939 or send us a message online in order to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.How Playground Injury Accidents Happen
Playground accidents can often be the result of a child’s own behavior. However, some playground accident injuries have other causes that can be attributed to negligence. They include:
- Inadequate Maintenance: Playground equipment can be years or even decades old. If this equipment is not routinely maintained and serviced, it could fall into disrepair. Eventually, a child could get hurt if a component breaks or otherwise fails to work as intended.
- Poor Design: Playgrounds should be designed to accommodate children. Sadly, playground equipment is not always constructed to minimize risk.
- Lack of Supervision: Children are adventurous and imaginative, but they are not always the best at assessing risk. Since children are more likely to misjudge danger than adults, they should always be supervised when they are using playground equipment. While schools and other public institutions may determine that children need more or less supervision based on their age and the available playground equipment, they must still take reasonable steps to ensure children’s safety.
You have the right to expect that teachers, daycare supervisors, and other adult chaperones will keep a watchful eye over your children and the safety of the playground equipment. When someone in a position of authority neglects to report or maintain unsafe playground equipment or negligently allows young children to play unsupervised, they could be found liable for any resulting injuries.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., has been recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorney’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney. He and his experienced team of legal professionals have helped our clients secure millions of dollars in damages. We could help you, too. Please call us at (585) 939-3939 to set up your free consultation as soon as possible.
DID ANOTHER PERSON’S NEGLIGENCE CAUSE YOUR CHILD’S PLAYGROUND INJURY OR ACCIDENT?
YOU COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR COMPENSATION, BUT YOU HAVE TO ACT FAST: THERE ARE STRICT TIME CONSTRAINTS APPLICABLE TO ALL PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Adults sometimes minimize the severity of common playground injuries, writing them off as a rite of passage. However, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found that a surprising number of playground accident injuries could be considered severe. Each year in the United States, an estimated 200,000 children receive emergency care for different playground-related injuries. Of these 200,000 injuries:
- 45% are categorized as severe injuries, which include fractures, internal organ damage, traumatic brain injuries, and amputations;
- 75% of non-fatal injuries take place in public playgrounds, including school and park playgrounds; and
- 30% of all fatal playground-related injuries took place at schools and parks.
The rising costs of health care all but ensure that serious playground accident injuries generate massive medical bills. The total costs to treat a simple wrist fracture can range up to and exceed $3,500. Parents often lose even more money as they may be forced to take significant time away from work to care for their children and take them to follow-up physician appointments or physical rehabilitation. Recovering your expenses after a playground injury can seem impossible.
Fortunately, Jed Dietrich, Esq., knows how to stand up to negligence. We will aggressively advocate for the compensation your family needs. However, you need to act fast: New York’s statute of limitations could prevent you from filing a claim for recompense if you wait too long to take action. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 today.Who Might Be Liable for a Playground Injury?
In order to receive compensation for your child’s injuries, you must demonstrate that someone else’s negligence caused the incident. You should consider:
- What Was Your Child Doing Before the Accident? If your child was injured at a playground, you should try to understand what your child was doing before the injury occurred.
- Who Owns the Playground? Since the playground owner is likely responsible for maintaining the playground equipment and enforcing safety, they could be held liable if a child is seriously injured on their premises.
- Who Designed the Playground? A playground installation contractor or manufacturer could be liable for your child’s injuries if the playground’s design is found to be inherently dangerous or if they made critical assembly mistakes that caused or contributed to the accident.
Depending on the circumstances of your child’s accident, there could be multiple potential defendants, such as:
- Negligent schoolteachers or other supervisors;
- Municipal parks;
- Public or private schools;
- School districts;
- Playground installation contractors; and
- A playground equipment manufacturer.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of top rated Rochester personal injury lawyers have nearly 20 years of experience litigating against negligent parties. We know how to gather, analyze, and present the evidence needed to secure compensation after a Rochester playground injury. Please call us at (585) 939-3939 to schedule your free consultation as soon as possible.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!