Rochester, New York, Parking Lot Car Accident Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year and New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Possible Outcomes for Victims of Parking Lot Car Accidents in Rochester, New York.
For most of us, parking lots are an inescapable part of everyday life. While we may not stop to ponder their potential risks, statistics suggest that accidents happen in parking lots with alarming frequency. The nonprofit National Safety Council, for instance, estimates that one-fifth of all car crashes take place in parking lots. Even though parking lot accidents usually occur at lower speeds, the dangers are not insignificant. Hundreds of people are killed in parking lot collisions each year, while thousands more are injured. Unfortunately, the injuries sustained in these crashes can have long-lasting and even lifelong effects.
If you, or a loved one, have been hurt by a negligent driver in Rochester, New York, you could be entitled to compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you obtain the funds you need to recover, whether through an insurance settlement or a personal injury lawsuit. We have years of trial experience and have secured our clients over $175 million in compensation. Call us today at (585) 939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.How Parking Lot Accidents Happen
Parking lot car accidents can have any number of causes. Still, they are overrepresented in accident statistics for several simple reasons:
- Parking lots, by their very nature, bring pedestrians and automobiles into close proximity, increasing the likelihood of collisions;
- Since parking lots are not on the main roadway, many people let their guards down while walking or driving through, sending text messages from behind the wheel, or failing to check for oncoming traffic before crossing the road; and
- Parking lots often serve as the primary vehicular entrances for many businesses. However, parking lots usually do not have dedicated traffic control signals.
When Rochester parking lot car accidents happen, they can have disastrous consequences. If you, or a loved one, have been hurt in a Rochester parking lot car crash, you should not have to spend months negotiating with an insurance adjuster to get a fraction of what your claim is worth. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has spent nearly two decades standing up to reckless drivers, negligent businesses, and stingy insurance companies, fighting for the rights of our clients in boardrooms and courtrooms. Please send us a message online or call us at (585) 939-3939 to find out how we can help you recover from your Rochester parking lot injury.The Different Kinds of Parking Lot Injuries and Accidents
Accidents in parking lots often have the same causes as accidents on the road. Nevertheless, people who get hurt in parking lot collisions usually suffer one of the following types of crashes:
- Back-Up Crashes: When two drivers try to reverse out of their respective parking spaces, they may hit one another—especially if one or both motorists are distracted or otherwise fail to check if they have the right-of-way.
- Pull-Out Crashes: If a driver accelerates out of a parking space without checking their rearview mirror or looking both ways, they might collide with an automobile trying to navigate past them.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Crashes involving pedestrians are among the most dangerous types of parking lot car accidents. Pedestrian accidents are almost always the result of motorists failing to check that the roadway is clear before entering or exiting a parking spot. Researchers have found that thousands of pedestrians are hurt by negligent drivers in parking lots each year.
The costs of a Rochester parking lot car accident can seem insurmountable. If you were hurt by a negligent driver, you might be on the hook for hefty hospital bills, expensive prescription medication, and long-term physical therapy. You may have also had to take time away from work to recover from your injuries, making an already challenging time all the more difficult.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., believes that you should never have to pay for an accident that was not your fault. Our hardworking legal team can help you calculate the value of your crash-related losses and then take your claim to court. Remember: you always stand a better chance in court with an experienced attorney by your side. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 today to speak with one of our parking lot car crash professionals.
DID YOU OR A LOVED ONE GET HURT IN A ROCHESTER PARKING LOT CAR ACCIDENT?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
While most Rochester car crashes occur on roads, streets, and highways, city data suggests a definite link between the presence of large commercial parking lots and traffic accidents. Rochester spaces dominated by parking lots with higher-than-average accident rates include:
- Downtown Rochester;
- Between Clifford Avenue and the Keeler Street Expressway; and
- Highway-side truck stops.
While parking lot car accidents can happen anywhere in the city, it is important to remember that Rochester’s extreme climate can increase the likelihood of crashes. In winter, for instance, Rochester—along with the rest of Western New York—is regularly pounded by heavy snowfall, much of it exacerbated by the nearby Great Lakes. Cold conditions can easily facilitate the buildup of snow and ice, which cause slippery conditions and can make poorly maintained parking lots all the more dangerous.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!