Rochester Motorcycle Passenger Injuries
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Is Recognized as A Super Lawyer and Elite Lawyer of America. If You Sustained Injuries as A Passenger in A Rochester Motorcycle Accident, The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Could Secure You the Compensation You Need to Recover from Your Injuries.
The vast majority of motorcyclists are responsible riders who do everything they can to stay safe. Nevertheless, motorcycles remain among the most dangerous forms of transportation in the United States. According to the United States Department of Transportation, motorcycle riders and passengers are 4 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to be injured in a motor vehicle accident and 29 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to die in an automobile crash.
Motorcyclists suffer severe injuries and die at higher rates than passenger vehicle occupants for a simple reason: even when they are wearing all the right gear, motorcycles lack the safety features of larger automobiles. If a motorcycle is struck at high speeds, or the rider loses control of the vehicle, the operator and passenger could:
- Be ejected from their seats;
- Get trapped underneath the motorcycle or another vehicle; or
- Collide with a guardrail, tree, or another obstacle.
Since motorcycles do not come equipped with airbags, seatbelts, or protective frames, there is a significant probability the rider and their passenger could be seriously injured. The costs of recovering from a Rochester motorcycle accident can be immense. Even seemingly minor injuries, like road rash, could demand days, weeks, or months of intense recovery. You may have to pay massive medical bills amounting to tens of thousands of dollars—all while being forced to take time away from work, friends, and family.
If another person’s negligence caused your accident, you should not have to bear these costs by yourself. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has helped many Rochester and Western New York residents get the money they need to move past their accidents. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to find out how we could help you, too.
DID YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFER AN INJURY WHILE RIDING ON A MOTORCYCLE AS A PASSENGER?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Motorcycle accidents can happen for any number of reasons, some unavoidable. However, most motorcycle crashes can be attributed to error. Sometimes motorcyclists themselves are at fault. In one recent incident, a Rochester dirt bike driver tried to circumvent traffic on Hudson Avenue by passing vehicles on the right. When he drove into the intersection of Hudson Avenue and Avenue D, he collided with a passenger sedan; the force of the impact ejected him and a passenger. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Operator Error: A substantial number of motorcycle-related injuries and deaths can be attributed to rider error. An estimated 30% of all motorcycle fatalities, for instance, involved alcohol-impaired riders. Similarly, 33% were speeding at the time of their crash. If a motorcycle operator’s negligence, reckless driving, or avoidable error caused your injuries, they could be held liable for any resulting damages.
- Another Driver’s Negligence: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has found that a “majority” of motorcycle crashes involving another vehicle are caused by drivers who violate the motorcycle’s right of way.
- Road Conditions: Road conditions can play a critical role in motorcycle accidents. Construction debris, rain, and other weather conditions can impact a motorcycle’s handling, causing the motorcycle to lose traction or the operator to lose control of their vehicle. You could be entitled to damages if road construction or poor infrastructure maintenance contributed to or caused your accident. If your claim might involve a government entity, it is imperative that you contact a Rochester motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible, as claims against the city or state are subject to very strict deadlines.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has years of experience representing injured motorcycle passengers. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.Your Options For Recovery
All motorcycles registered in New York must be insured. Similar to other private automobiles, policies must carry liability insurance and personal injury protection (PIP). PIP provides benefits in the event of injury, death, or disfigurement. However, motorcycle insurance is very different from automobile insurance. Even though New York is a “no-fault” state, its “no-fault” rules do not apply to motorcyclists. In other words, even if a motorcycle is insured, the policy might not provide any benefits to an injured rider or passenger. This means that you might have to cover your own medical costs, regardless of who caused the accident.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you identify the best way to get your bills paid after a Rochester motorcycle accident. You might be able to recover damages for your:
- Medical bills;
- Road rash skin grafts;
- Physical rehabilitation;
- Lost income;
- Reduced earning potential;
- Emotional pain and suffering;
- Psychological trauma;
- Loss of enjoyment;
- Loss of companionship;
- Disability; and
- Wrongful death.
To maximize your chance of making a successful recovery, you must act fast. Motorcycle injury claims are subject to a statute of limitations, which limits how long you can wait before filing a claim. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will help you better understand your options for recovery, help you negotiate a fair insurance settlement, or take your case to court. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to find out more.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!