Rochester Motorcycle Accidents Caused by Inadequate Brakes
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America. He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight on Your Behalf to Obtain the Best Recovery Possible for People Who, through no Fault of Their Own, Were Injured in Motorcycle Accidents in Rochester, New York.
When the brakes on a motorcycle fail, it can be a very dangerous situation. If you are riding at high speeds and suddenly lose the ability to slow down or stop, you could easily crash into something and sustain serious injuries. Today, Rochester motorcycle accidents caused by inadequate brakes happen all too often. There are many reasons why motorcycle braking systems could fail, but some of the most common include the following:
- Worn-Out Brake Pads: Over time, brake pads will wear down and become less effective at stopping a motorcycle. If they are not replaced in a timely manner, they could eventually fail completely.
- Leaking Brake Fluid: If there is a leak in the brake system, it can lead to a loss of fluid and then system pressure and, ultimately, brake failure.
- Dirty or Contaminated Brake Fluid: If the brake fluid becomes dirty or contaminated, it can cause the brakes to malfunction. Therefore, it is important to regularly check and clean the brake fluid reservoir.
- Air in the Brake Lines: If there is air in the brake lines, it can prevent the brakes from working properly. A leak in the system somewhere usually causes this.
Be safe, cautious, and careful on the roads when it comes to maintaining motorcycle braking systems. If you suspect that your motorcycle brakes are not working the way that they should, it is important to have them checked by a qualified mechanic as soon as possible. Brake failure in any type of vehicle can be extremely dangerous and should never be taken lightly. Motorbike accidents in Rochester caused by faulty brakes frequently result in serious or life-threatening injuries. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to get your claim started at (585) 939-3939 or by visiting us online. Throughout his impressive career, Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s efforts have been recognized by various organizations. Learn more about his impressive accolades by clicking here.What To Do If Your Motorcycle Brakes Fail Unexpectedly
- If you notice that your motorcycle brakes are not working as effectively as they should, pull over and stop as soon as possible.
- Check the brake fluid level and, if necessary, add more brake fluid.
- If the brake pedal feels spongy or soft, there may be a leak in the braking system. Do not continue to ride until this has been fixed.
- Gently pump the brakes to build up pressure if unresponsiveness occurs.
- If none of these solutions work, do not try to continue riding—it is too dangerous. Instead, call for roadside assistance or a tow truck to take your motorcycle to a mechanic for the necessary repairs.
HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFERED MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES IN ROCHESTER, NEW YORK? CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF TRUSTED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW!
WE CAN HELP YOU RECOVER LOSSES DUE TO AN ACCIDENT THAT WAS NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN—VISIT US ONLINE OR CALL TODAY!
If you find yourself in a situation where your motorcycle brakes have failed, there are some important safety tips to keep in mind. First and foremost, do not panic. Remain calm and try to assess the situation. If possible, slowly move to the side of the road and come to a stop. Once stopped, turn on your hazard lights to warn other motorists. If you are unable to stop safely or steer away from traffic, you may need to lay your motorcycle down. This should be done as a last resort and only if necessary. Always consult with motorcycle driving safety professionals for specific guidance on proper motorcycle safe driving techniques. By adhering to the following tips, you can help ensure a safer outcome:
- Always Wear a Helmet: This will help protect your head and neck in the event of an accident.
- Make Sure You Have Proper Insurance Coverage: This will help cover any medical expenses or damages that may occur.
- Stay Alert: Be aware of your surroundings and take extra caution when riding near cars or other vehicles.
A Rochester motorcycle accident caused by inadequate brakes can easily result in severe injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured due to motorcycle brake failure, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online by clicking here.Accident-Free Motorcycle Driving
Nothing is quite as exhilarating as cruising the open road and feeling the freedom only a motorcycle ride can bring. However, bad brakes on a motorcycle that result in an accident can cause life-changing injuries and loss of life. Many of the injuries that result from motorcycle accidents are, not surprisingly, more severe than injuries that come from automobile accidents. The reason for this is obvious: a motorcycle driver is simply not as well-protected as someone driving in a car.
Following basic motorcycle driver safety precautions and always making safety a top priority while operating a motorcycle is the best policy. Proper gear, a high-quality helmet, and attention to detail in all aspects of your motorcycle’s mechanical condition can help to keep you safe on the roads and highways. Sadly, even the best mechanically maintained motorcycle, and the strictest adherence to safety recommendations, do not guarantee that a motorcycle accident will not happen. In the unfortunate event of a Rochester motorcycle accident caused by inadequate brakes, a personal injury lawyer is vital to help you recover your losses. A Rochester personal injury attorney can file a personal injury claim on your behalf and walk you through every step of the process. To learn more, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. by calling or visiting us online today.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!