Rochester Local Courts
Jed Dietrich, Esq., is Recognized as a Super Lawyer and Elite Lawyer of America. If Another Person's Negligence Caused Your Rochester or Monroe County Accident Injury, You Deserve the Best Representation, Whether Your Case is Settled Before Trial or in a Courtroom.
The aftermath of a serious Rochester accident can be catastrophic. Even if you did not sustain a debilitating injury or life-long disability, you could still find yourself overwhelmed by physical pain and financial distress. You may find yourself burdened by mounting medical costs or forced to take time away from work for physical rehabilitation.
Fortunately, New York State law affords accident victims the right to file claims for recompense. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you create a compelling, evidence-based claim for damages. A recognized Best Law Firm of America, our battle-hardened team of attorneys has the experience needed to secure the compensation you need and obtain the justice you deserve. Of course, the prospect of going to court could seem intimidating—especially if the wrongdoer or their insurance company is unwilling to admit liability. However, filing and fighting a successful lawsuit does not have to be a challenge. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free consultation as soon as possible.New York State's Court System
People often think that personal injury lawsuits end in trial. While some cases are eventually decided by a judge and a jury, a surprising number of claims are settled outside of court. The overwhelming majority of Rochester lawsuits are negotiated through private arbitration, planned mediation, and other alternative dispute resolution methods. Oftentimes, the term Supreme Court alone is enough to make prospective plaintiffs worry. However, a New York State Supreme Court is simply a court that represents a particular judicial district—not New York's apex Court of Appeals and certainly not the United States Supreme Court. The New York State Unified Court System also includes:
- The Court of Claims, which hears civil claims filed against state and other public defendants;
- The New York Supreme Court, which hears a variety of criminal, civil, family, and bankruptcy claims;
- The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, which hears and decides appeals to Supreme Court cases; and
- The Court of Appeals, which is New York State's highest court and is similar in purpose to other states' supreme courts.
Unless your personal injury claim is appealed or filed against a public defendant, it will most likely be heard by a Supreme Court. A New York State Supreme Court can hear almost any type of case, from criminal cases to personal injury litigation. New York State has 10 separate Supreme Courts, all of which accept cases from within or pertinent to their geographical jurisdiction. Both the City of Rochester and Monroe County are encompassed by the 7th Judicial District.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. assists accident victims in Rochester and Western New York with a wide variety of personal injury cases, including automobile collisions, slip-and-fall accidents, and premises liability claims. A recognized Best Law Firm of America, we have the experience needed to prevail against all odds, whether in insurance negotiations or New York State Court. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to discuss your options for legal relief immediately.
DID ANOTHER PERSON'S NEGLIGENCE CAUSE YOUR INJURY?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939
NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The 7th Judicial District of the New York Supreme Court encompasses the City of Rochester and its surroundings; the entirety of Monroe County; and the counties of Wayne, Ontario, Seneca, Cayuga, Yates, Livingston, and Steuben. While the 7th Judicial District's jurisdiction expands far beyond Rochester's borders, the court is nonetheless headquartered in the city, which is both the largest population center and political seat of Monroe County. Consequently, Monroe County hosts many of the region's most critical infrastructures. Some relevant Rochester and Monroe County courts include:
- The Monroe County Hall of Justice: The Monroe County Hall of Justice is located at 99 Exchange Boulevard, Rochester, New York 14614. The Hall of Justice houses the 7th Judicial District of the New York State Supreme Court and its administrative offices, the Monroe County Supreme Court, the Rochester City Court, the Monroe County Family Court, the Monroe County Surrogate Court, and several judicial offices, including the Monroe County Clerk and the Commissioner of Jurors and Central Jury Room. The Hall of Justice is open 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Monroe County Supreme Court: The Monroe County Supreme Court, as well as the offices for the 7th Judicial District of the New York Supreme Court, are both located in the Monroe County Hall of Justice. The Monroe County Supreme Court hears a variety of cases from across the county, including personal injury claims that involve a Monroe County plaintiff or defendant. The Monroe County Supreme Court is located in Room 545 of the Hall of Justice and is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, and it is closed on weekends.
- The Rochester City Court—Civil Division: The Rochester City Court—Civil Division is located inside Room 6 of the Hall of Justice. The Civil Division has jurisdiction over small claims, commercial claims, and landlord-tenant actions. The Civil Division is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Rochester City Court—Criminal Division: The Rochester City Court—Criminal Division has jurisdiction over felony criminal proceedings and matters. The Criminal Division is located inside the Public Safety Building at 150 South Plymouth Avenue, Rochester, New York 14614. The Criminal Division is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
No matter where your case goes, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has the experience and resources necessary to advocate for your best interests. We never pressure our clients to accept an unfair settlement to avoid going to court. If we cannot negotiate the compensation a client needs, we never hesitate to take their claim to trial. Our results speak for themselves: since founding the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has tried more than 100 cases to verdict, securing over $175 million in damages for his clients—money they could use to pay off their medical debt, afford superior health care, and begin putting their lives back together after a catastrophic accident. We could help you, too. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!