Rochester Gym Accident Injuries
Jed Dietrich, Esq., is Recognized as an Elite Lawyer of America Who Has Spent His Entire Career Standing Up for The Victims of Negligence. When A Negligent Gym Owner or Reckless Personal Trainer's Misconduct Causes You Harm, The Dietrich Law Firm, P.C., Could Help You Secure the Compensation You Need to Move Past a Painful Gym Accident Injury.
Rochester has no shortage of gyms and fitness centers. Although regular exercise often correlates with improved health, people who push their bodies to their limits sometimes end up injured. Some of these exercise-related accidents are unavoidable. However, other gym injuries could have been prevented if the property owner had taken better care of their equipment or enforced better safety measures in workout areas. Unfortunately, some Rochester gym owners try to limit their liability by forcing patrons to sign injury waivers-special agreements that prevent visitors from taking legal action if they are injured by an equipment failure, a careless guest, or a negligent trainer.
While a liability waiver may seem like an easy out for a fitness studio, you could have options for recompense. Even if you signed a paper pledging not to sue the gym for an accident or injury, the property owner still has a legal duty to ensure their premises are safe for the public. This includes their equipment, locker rooms, and showers.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a gym accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to significant compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you gather the evidence you need to show that you were hurt by an unreasonable act of negligence. Since our founding in 2005, our hardworking team of attorneys has secured more than $175 million in damages-money our clients have used to clear their medical expenses, pay for physical rehabilitation, and begin the difficult task of moving past a traumatic accident. We could help you, too. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today.How Gym Accidents Happen
People go to the gym to lose weight, build muscle, and bolster their physical well-being-not to get hurt and hospitalized. Many fitness enthusiasts perform stretching exercises and wear protective equipment to minimize their risk of injury. Unfortunately, exercise and exercise equipment-related incidents are among the leading causes of product-related injuries nationwide. Although gym accidents have many potential causes, they are frequently attributable to acts of negligence. Some of these acts include:
- Faulty Equipment: Even simple exercise equipment can break, rust, or crumble. However, gym owners have a legal obligation to maintain safe premises. This means that gym owners must ensure that their equipment is properly installed, inspected, and maintained. If a weight set, machine, or other publicly accessible product poses a clear hazard, the gym must warn customers of the danger and take steps to prevent any accidents.
- Slippery Surfaces: Slip and fall accidents are common in gyms, especially around water fountains, exercise mats, and locker rooms. Gym owners' legal obligation to maintain safe premises is not limited to exercise equipment; it also includes surfaces. While a property owner cannot be reasonably expected to clear every mess the second it appears, they should not allow hazardous accumulations of water, snow, or ice to impede and endanger patrons.
- Improper Training Techniques: Gym trainers are often passionate about fitness. However, passion is not a professional qualification. Gym trainers must ensure their workout routines, regimens, and recommendations are safe for individual clients. When a trainer makes a critical mistake, they and the gym owner could be held liable for any resulting damages.
Although gym accidents have many different causes, they all end in pain and emotional hardship. Fortunately, New York State law allows injured gym-goers to hold negligent property owners and fitness professionals accountable for misconduct. A recognized Best Lawyer of America, Jed Dietrich, Esq., is dedicated to providing his clients with the highest level of personal injury service-and has the results to show for it. You do not need to take on a national fitness chain or local gym by yourself. Please call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at 585-939-3939 to find out how much your case could be worth.
DID A GYM OWNER, PERSONAL TRAINER, OR EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER CAUSE YOUR GYM ACCIDENT INJURY IN ROCHESTER?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939
NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
When you signed up for the gym, you were probably asked to sign a contract that includes a liability waiver. This waiver is a legal clause that exempts the gym from financial liability in the event that you are injured on its premises. While this waiver could stop you from claiming damages if you hurt yourself due to overexertion, many people mistakenly believe that it prevents them from filing a claim after any accident. However, liability waivers are not universal. You could obtain compensation if:
- The property owner acted with reckless disregard for you and other gym patrons;
- Your injuries were caused by an act of gross negligence, such as failure to properly maintain equipment or amend longstanding hazards; or
- The waiver is poorly written, inappropriately broad, or otherwise not legally binding.
While you may be able to challenge a waiver, you will still need to devise a strong legal argument that is underpinned by evidence and grounded by New York State and local law. Even if you have a seemingly open-and-shut case, the gym and its liability insurer will have an army of attorneys on standby. They will do everything in their power to persuade the court that you are liable for your injuries. You likely stand your best chance of recovery when you have a seasoned Rochester gym accident injury attorney in your corner.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is recognized as a Best Law Firm of America and an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys' 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm. When we take on a case, we do not let our clients get bullied into bad faith negotiations and unfair settlements. Our relentless legal team has helped dozens of people across Rochester and New York State secure six- and seven-figure awards. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free consultation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!