Rochester Foreign Object Food Injury
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Has Dedicated His Career to Standing Up for Victims of Negligence. When Negligent Businesses Leave Dangerous Foreign Objects in Packaged Food or Restaurant Meals, They Put Your Health in Danger. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Could Help You Navigate the Aftermath of a Life-Changing Foreign Object Food Injury.
Restaurants and retailers should go to great lengths to ensure the food they sell is safe to eat. While the federal government has an assortment of safeguards intended to protect the American public from poor business practices, consumers find foreign objects in their meals with surprising frequency. Unfortunately, if diners consume unexpected and inedible items, they could be seriously injured.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured by a foreign object found in your food, you could be entitled to significant compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you get the compensation you need and the justice you deserve. Since our founding, our firm’s dedicated team of attorneys has secured more than $175 million in damages—money our clients have used to begin putting their lives back together after a tragic accident. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at (585) 939-3939.How Do Foreign Objects End Up in Food?
Foreign objects in food are sometimes referred to as physical contaminants. Physical contamination could occur at any stage of the product’s development:
- Farm and Field: Food could be contaminated during or after its harvest. This could occur if the farm has poor agricultural practices or makes mistakes before shipping the food.
- Processing: Food processing is a major source of foreign object-related danger. This is because many modern food processing plants rely on machinery and automation. If a mechanical part breaks or degrades, then its components and debris contaminate food.
- Storage and Distribution: Food is usually packaged by the processor before being sent to stores and restaurants. However, contamination could occur during transportation and distribution, especially if the product is kept on wooden pallets or other devices that could splinter, break, and penetrate the product’s protective packaging.
- Preparation: Rochester restaurants are regulated by Monroe County and the New York Department of Health. While all food establishments in and around Rochester are subjected to semi-regular inspections, restaurants sometimes compromise safety procedures to save costs or facilitate faster service.
Businesses have a legal obligation to ensure their products are free from preventable and unreasonable hazards. When farms, food processors, and restaurants act recklessly, their customers could get seriously injured.
If the food industry’s negligence has injured you or a loved one, you might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover your damages. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you investigate the source of your foreign object food injury, holding the responsible parties legally liable for their misconduct. Please send us a message online or call us at (585) 939-3939 to schedule your free initial consultation.The Most Common Foreign Objects Found in Food
Food contamination comes in many forms. The most common foreign objects found in food include:
- Metal: If food is being packaged inside a warehouse or factory, there is a chance metal machinery or tool parts could get into the packaging.
- Glass: Sharp glass could contaminate bottles if the factory has poor quality control. In some rare instances, glass could even affect food if a lightbulb or other object breaks near a preparation area.
- Small Rocks and Gravel: Crops are usually cleaned before packaging. However, some agricultural crops, like beans and peas, could contain rocks if food handlers are not careful.
- Plastic: Food packaging today is a largely automated process. Nevertheless, machines are imperfect and frequently break down. When mechanical malfunctions happen, pieces of a conveyer belt or guard rail could contaminate the food.
- Bone: Some products, like chicken breast and fish fillets, are often marketed and sold as boneless. Unfortunately, sharp pieces of bone can sometimes get through quality control undetected, presenting a significant risk of oral injury.
- Industrial Rubber: Rubber from gaskets and other materials could contaminate food.
- Human Hair: Hair follicles are not likely to cause physical injuries, but they could still harbor dangerous pathogens, such as staphylococcus.
- Human Body Parts: While it is incredibly rare for human body parts to make their way into pre-prepared meals or restaurant food, it does happen.
Whenever foreign objects are found in food, they could be ingested, causing serious oral injuries and potentially perforating the intestines. You, and your family, could be responsible for thousands of dollars in medical expenses, up to and including reconstructive surgery.
You should never have to bear the costs of the food industry’s mistakes. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is committed to providing the highest level of personal injury service to our clients in Rochester and across Western New York. A recognized Best Law Firm of America, our practice has secured seven-figure settlements for people who have been harmed by dangerous, contaminated food. We could help you, too. Please call us at (585) 939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.Potential Injuries From Foreign Objects in Food
When Rochester restaurants, supermarkets, and food processors do not do their due diligence, consumers can get seriously injured. Common injuries attributed to foreign objects in food include:
- Food poisoning;
- Cuts and lacerations, especially to the mouth, teeth, gums, and tongue;
- Physical damage to the mouth and teeth; and
- Perforation of the stomach, intestine, or other organs.
While most foreign object food injuries are minor, some can present serious complications, requiring surgery and other intensive interventions. You could suffer significant losses, being forced to take time away from work and pay out-of-pocket for medical treatment.
You do not have to accept financial ruin for a foreign object food injury. Jed Dietrich, Esq., is a recognized Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of hardworking food injury attorneys know how to build a case against a negligent business. We could help you take action against a negligent restaurant owner, chef, food processor, or farm, allowing you to focus on your recovery. You deserve fair compensation for your injuries: please call us at (585) 939-3939 to discuss your potential legal remedies.
DID YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFER A FOREIGN OBJECT FOOD INJURY IN OR AROUND ROCHESTER?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!