Rochester Child Car Seat Defects
Jed Dietrich, Esq., and His Team of Compassionate Personal Injury Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Will Advocate Steadfastly for Children Injured Due to a Car Seat Defect in Rochester, New York.
Comprised of a mixture of suburban and urban areas, Rochester, New York, is considered both a driver and family-friendly city. On average, each household owns one car, and roughly one in seventeen individuals living in Rochester is under the age of five. As most parents and guardians are aware, traveling with a small child requires special consideration. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the use of an appropriate car seat for both the age and weight of the child reduces the risk of injury by up to 82% in the event of a car crash. Under New York State law, children under four are required to be secured in a car seat when traveling by automobile.
Unfortunately, car seat recalls are occurring far more often than they should. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration maintains an up-to-date log of child car seat recall cases to reduce deaths and injuries due to factory defects. Some reasons for recalls include buckles that unfasten too easily or not easily enough; cushion material that is flammable or insufficient to protect the child’s head in the event of a collision; and base units that fail to secure the car seat in place properly. When parents and guardians purchase car seats for their children, they do so because they reasonably assume that a car seat will keep their child safe. Manufacturers have a duty to consumers who use their products as they are marketed. When a manufacturer puts out a defective product, they are liable for any injury that arises from its defect.
No amount of money will undo the emotional harm you and your child are experiencing because of their injury. However, you both deserve justice. Our team of top-tier injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are here to help you navigate your case with compassion and expertise. Jed Dietrich, Esq., has been advocating for individuals in personal injury cases since 1999. He has acquired $175 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients, including individuals injured in car collisions throughout Western New York.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., has been recognized as a Best of the Best Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney and as one of the 10 Best Attorneys by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. He is also among just five percent of the attorneys in Upstate New York to be a member of the Super Lawyers. If your child has been injured due to a child car seat defect in Rochester, New York, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today by calling (585) 939-3939 or visiting us online for a free consultation. Our team of child car seat defect attorneys in Rochester, New York, is prepared to advocate for you and your child. We will never charge you until we have obtained a judgment in your favor. Our office is open 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.What To Do At The Crash Scene
A car seat defect is never a parent or guardian’s fault. Purchasing and installing a car seat is an investment in your child’s safety. However, in some cases, you may not learn that your child’s car seat is defective until they have sustained an injury. In the event you and your child are in a car accident, it is critical to take the following steps:
- Check for Injuries: Check yourself, then your child, to determine whether you have been injured or are in immediate danger. Please do not remove your child from their car seat unless it is absolutely necessary to do so.
- Call 911: If you and your child are in an accident, call 911 right away. Emergency medical technicians will evaluate your child in their car seat and determine whether a trip to the hospital is required.
- Prevent a Secondary Car Accident: If it is safe to do so, cautiously move your car to a side street, driveway, or otherwise less busy road to avoid a secondary collision. If moving away from the scene of the accident is not possible, turn off your engine, employ your hazard lights, and wait in your vehicle for help to arrive.
- Do Not Move Your Child: It is okay for you to be near your child and offer them comfort as you wait for first responders to arrive. However, if your child sustained a brain or spinal injury during the collision, moving them might make it worse. Please do not remove your child from their car seat unless leaving them in it would put them in greater danger.
- Follow Up with Your Child’s Pediatrician: While your child may not have exhibited signs of injury at the scene of the crash, you can never be too cautious. After the collision, be sure to take your little one to the doctor for a full evaluation.
- Monitor Your Child: Even if the collision was minor, keeping an eye on your child is still important. Pay attention to problems such as momentary loss of consciousness and changes in eating and sleep patterns, all of which might point to a concussion. Be sure to look out for other unusual symptoms, including excessive crying or bruising that develops days after the accident; these could be signs of a serious injury.
It is impossible to prepare for the emotional distress of seeing your child injured, especially when you have gone out of your way to take precautions. Understandably, you might feel responsible for attaining justice on your child’s behalf. We are here to help. If your child has sustained an injury due to a defective car seat, our top rated Rochester child car seat defect attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are here for you. Call us at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online for a free consultation. We will not charge you a fee until we have won your case.
DID YOUR CHILD SUFFER INJURIES DUE TO A CHILD CAR SEAT DEFECT IN ROCHESTER, NEW YORK?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS COMMITTED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, CHILD CAR SEAT DEFECT ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We do not charge you until we WIN for you!