Rochester Chemical Burn Injuries
If You Sustained a Chemical Burn in a Rochester Area Accident That Was Not Your Fault, You Deserve an Attorney Who is Dedicated to Providing You and Your Family with the Highest Level of Personal Injury Service.
Unfortunately, burn injuries are common. However, fires are not the sole or exclusive cause of these painful injuries. Each year, an estimated 60,000 Americans seek medical treatment for chemical burns. If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a chemical burn accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to significant compensation through an insurance settlement or personal injury lawsuit. However, securing a fair settlement could be difficult, especially if you were hurt at work. The insurance company may offer to cover the costs of your current or past treatment; however, they may not account for the income you lost from work, your physical rehabilitation, or your need for continuing care.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s experienced team of attorneys has seen first-hand the devastating impact chemical burn injuries have on individuals and their families, which is why we are committed to providing the highest level of personal injury service. When we take a case, we do everything in our power to ensure that our clients receive a fair and equitable settlement. Since our founding in 2005, we have helped clients in Rochester and across Western New York obtain more than $175 million in damages—money they could use to clear their medical debt, obtain high-quality care, and begin the difficult task of moving past a traumatic accident. We could help you, too. Please send Jed Dietrich, Esq., a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.The Most Common Causes Of Chemical Burns
A chemical burn could occur when the skin or eyes come into contact with a toxic irritant, such as a powerful acid or base. Most people who suffer chemical burns can easily identify how and when they were injured. Some products are responsible for a disproportionate share of chemical burns, such as:
- Car battery acid;
- Floor cleaners;
- Toilet bowl cleaners;
- Consumer and industrial pesticides; and
While most chemical burn patients are injured after mishandling common household cleaners, these injuries could have other causes, including but not limited to:
- Inadequate Warning Labels: Consumer cleaning products should contain warning labels if they have the potential to cause skin or eye injuries. Most companies comply with labeling requirements. Occasionally, retailers, employers, and individuals tamper with or remove labels, endangering others.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace accidents are the most common cause of chemical burn injuries among adults. Unfortunately, many workplace chemical burn injuries are avoidable and could be attributed to poor employer policies.
- Poor Chemical Control Practices: Any company or facility that houses dangerous chemical products should keep these products in a controlled space inaccessible to untrained employees and the general public. If toxic chemicals, including cleaning materials, are left unsupervised, they could cause serious injuries.
- Automobile Accidents: An automobile accident could release hazardous fumes and fluids, which could cause chemical burns if they are inhaled or ingested.
If another person’s negligence caused your chemical burn injury, you should not have to pay the costs of recovery. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you secure the compensation you need to move past a painful Rochester chemical burn injury by fighting for your rights. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to discuss your legal options for relief.
DID ANOTHER PERSON’S NEGLIGENCE CAUSE YOU TO SUSTAIN A SERIOUS CHEMICAL BURN INJURY?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Physicians consider a chemical burn a progressive injury, meaning that it can get worse over time. In general, chemical burns can cause injuries in four ways:
- Absorption through the skin;
- Oral ingestion;
- Inhalation; or
- Any combination of the three.
The severity of a chemical burn could depend on several factors, such as:
- The type of chemical;
- The concentration of the chemical and its toxic components;
- The volume of the chemical absorbed, ingested, or inhaled; and
- The duration of contact.
Unlike conventional burns, chemical injuries can appear deceptively superficial. Since chemical burns often affect tissue beneath the skin, the damage could be irreversible if it is not treated quickly and efficiently. If a full medical recovery is possible, chemical burn victims could find themselves buried beneath medical bills and on the verge of financial ruin.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. believes that nobody should have to bear the burden of another person’s poor decision. If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a chemical burn accident that was not your fault, we could help you pursue recompense through a personal injury lawsuit. However, you need to act fast: New York State has a strict statute of limitations for chemical burn injuries. If you wait too long to take action, your claim could be automatically dismissed.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., is a recognized Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year. As a top-rated trial attorney, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has a proven record of success. Please call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation as soon as possible.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!