Rochester Car Accidents Caused by U-Turns
Led By Jed Dietrich, Esq., Who Has Been Recognized as An Elite Lawyer of America and One of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, Our Office Has Years of Experience Helping to Demand the Maximum Damages For U-Turn Car Accident Victims in Rochester, New York.
While Rochester is eyeing an infrastructure makeover, the city still suffers from regular traffic accidents, many of which lead to injury, some of which end in death. Unfortunately, the ubiquitous “U-turn” is a common culprit in accidents. Although U-turns are not inherently dangerous, a reckless, distracted, or otherwise negligent driver can transform an otherwise common maneuver into a life-changing catastrophe. New York State Police recently arrested a semi-truck driver whose poorly timed U-turn near Thruway Exit 46 caused a collision that killed two people.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has a single mission: ensuring that their clients receive the highest level of personal injury service possible. We not only believe that nobody should ever have to pay for another person’s negligence but have the track record to back it up. While no settlement offers sufficient recompense for serious injury or wrongful death, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strives to ensure that victims of negligence are afforded the financial relief they need to begin piecing their lives together after a Rochester U-turn accident. You do not need to bear the burden of medical bills, physical therapy, or funeral costs alone. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at 585-939-3939 to discuss your best options for recourse.Understanding U-Turns And U-Turn Accidents
For people living in a big city like Rochester, U-turns are an everyday occurrence. On some busy streets, pulling a U-turn is a practical necessity. However, U-turns can be dangerous when they are done wrong. New York’s Traffic and Vehicle Code specifically prevents U-turns in certain areas and circumstances:
- Low Visibility Areas: Motorists cannot make U-turns on curves, nor can they take U-turns on the approach to or crest of a hill, mountain, or other visibility-obscuring grades.
- School Zones: Motorists are not allowed to make U-turns within designated school zones.
Rochester also has local ordinances governing how and when drivers are allowed to make U-turns. Rochester motorists cannot make “reverse turns” if they are in:
- The Central Traffic District: This area is defined as the area bounded by the Inner Loop, North Union Street, South Union Street, Howell Street, and Interstate 490 unless they have entered a dead-end street.
- Streets that Prohibit U-Turns: Rochester residents cannot make U-turns on any street with signage prohibiting U-turns.
- Streets that Do Not Prohibit U-turns: While not every street explicitly prohibits U-turns, drivers are not allowed to make reverse turns unless they can ensure the maneuver is safe and will not interfere with other traffic.
When a motorist makes an illegal U-turn and injures somebody else—whether they are driving, riding a bike, or walking across the road—they could be held liable for any damages they cause. Furthermore, a person who takes a legal U-turn still has a legal duty to ensure that their maneuver is safe and unlikely to harm anyone else. If somebody’s legal U-turn causes an accident, they may still be found liable for damages if they were distracted, drowsy, or otherwise not paying adequate attention to road conditions.
No matter the circumstances of your accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has the legal experience needed to perform an intensive investigation: we will carefully analyze the causes of your Rochester U-turn crash to show that another driver’s negligence was responsible for your injuries. If your insurance company is unwilling to negotiate a settlement in good faith, we can and will take them to court, along with anyone else who may have contributed to your accident. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free consultation.What To Do After A Rochester U-Turn Accident
Nobody leaves home expecting to get into an accident. If you were involved in a Rochester U-turn collision, you could take the following steps to ensure your safety and bolster your chances of making a successful legal recovery:
- Check Your Physical Well-Being: After an accident, your priority should always be your own safety and that of your passengers. If you or a passenger was seriously injured, call emergency services immediately.
- Call The Police: If you do not need to leave the scene of the crash for treatment, dial 9-1-1 or call the Rochester Police Department. Even if law enforcement cannot determine the cause of an accident on-site, a police officer’s report can be used in insurance negotiations and at trial.
- Collect Evidence: While you are waiting for the police to arrive, you can document the circumstances of your crash by taking photographs or video of the site. You may wish to photograph any damages to your vehicle and any injuries you have sustained, as well as nearby road signs, mileage markers, and traffic control signals. If anyone witnessed the accident, ask them for their name, phone number, and other contact information; you might need their testimony in court.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you do not believe you were seriously injured, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. A physician can help you identify, diagnose, and treat injuries you did not realize you sustained. Furthermore, visiting the doctor shows that you had legitimate concerns about your health and are not fabricating damages to get a bigger insurance settlement.
- Contact A Rochester U-Turn Accident Attorney: You should always call an experienced Rochester personal injury attorney after getting hurt in a U-turn accident. The sooner you act, the better. If you call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. right after your crash, we may be able to dispatch a legal team to begin an investigation before the scene is cleared.
DID YOU OR A LOVED ONE GET INJURED BY IN A ROCHESTER U-TURN ACCIDENT?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!