Rochester, New York, Car Accidents Caused By Road Rage
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as A Best Lawyer of America, Has Dedicated His Career to Defending Victims of Negligence. If You Were in a Road Rage Car Accident in Rochester, New York, You Could Be Eligible for Compensation.
Navigating Rochester’s roads and highways can be frustrating, especially when you are in a hurry or stuck in rush-hour traffic. While most people are content to vent their frustration in silence, others might yell at other motorists, make violent hand gestures, or drive with reckless abandon. When people let road rage get the better of them, the consequences can be devastating and tragically, in some cases, deadly.
Road rage is never acceptable. If you, or a loved one, have been hurt by an overt and intentional act of aggression, you could be entitled to significant compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has been recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys Top 10 Personal Injury Law Firm. Since our founding, we have secured more than $175 million in damages for our clients—money they can use to clear their medical debts, pay for therapy, and begin moving past a traumatic accident. We could help you, too. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to discuss your best options for recompense.Making Sense of Road Rage Car Accidents
Everyone who has spent enough time behind the wheel has likely gotten angry at another motorist. However, frustration is never an excuse for physical hostility. When an individual’s anger translates to actual aggression, they put everyone on the road at risk.
Road rage comes in many different forms and has many different causes. Some people consider horn-honking and offensive hand gestures to be demonstrations of road rage. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, or NHTSA, defines road rage as “the operation of a motor vehicle in a manner that endangers or is likely to endanger persons or property.” By this definition, road rage is an act that always has the potential to cause injury.
While road rage is not always dangerous, many common, everyday instances of road rage could end in serious injury. They include:
- Aggressive tailgating;
- Abruptly braking in front of another motorist;
- Preventing another vehicle from changing lanes or merging;
- Cutting off another driver;
- Hitting, sideswiping, or ramming another vehicle;
- Using a vehicle’s high beams to blind another motorist; and
- Purposefully forcing another automobile off the road.
Sometimes road rage incidents can escalate. An aggressive driver might pursue someone they believe slighted them or exit their vehicle to provoke a physical confrontation. They may even use a weapon to damage another motorist’s automobile or attack the person. In one recent incident, Rochester residents were arrested and indicted in Rochester City Court after they brandished a weapon and fired a single shot to intimidate another driver.
When an enraged driver tries to take justice into their own hands, the results can be catastrophic. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you understand your rights after being injured by an aggressive motorist. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.What to Do After Sustaining a Road Rage Accident Injury
If you were injured in a road rage accident in or around Rochester, you could bolster your chances of a successful legal recovery by:
- Ensuring Your Safety: If another driver intentionally injured you, prioritize your own safety. Do not exit your vehicle or confront the other motorist if there is any risk of a physical confrontation or further violence.
- Calling 9-1-1: You should always call the police after being hurt in a road rage car accident. A police officer could protect you from the other driver and write a Police Accident Report.
- Collecting Evidence: If you are not in danger, you could try to collect evidence of the other driver’s wrongdoing as well as any damages sustained to your person or vehicle. You could take photographs of your injuries and ask any eyewitnesses to share their names, phone numbers, and other contact information.
- Seeking Immediate Medical Attention: Even if you do not believe you were seriously injured, you should still visit a doctor as soon as possible.
- Contacting An Attorney: You stand your best chance of recovery when you retain experienced legal counsel. A Rochester road rage car accident injury attorney could help you gather the evidence you need to prove the other motorist’s fault.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of personal injury service. If you, or a loved one, have been hurt in a road rage incident, we could help you investigate the accident and collaborate with law enforcement to hold the wrongdoer accountable for their misconduct. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at 585-939-3939 today.
DID YOU OR A LOVED ONE GET HURT GET HURT IN A ROAD RAGE INCIDENT IN OR AROUND ROCHESTER?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
When a motorist with road rage hurts another driver, they are almost always liable for damages. However, proving liability can be challenging, even when you have a seemingly open-and-shut case. This is because wrongdoers may try to claim they were not driving aggressively or that your own misconduct caused or contributed to the accident.
In order to receive recompense for your injuries, you must establish that the other driver’s negligence caused your injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you prove that:
- The other driver had a “duty of care” to operate their vehicle safely and responsibly;
- The other driver violated their duty of care by acting aggressively;
- The other driver’s aggression directly caused the accident; and
- You sustained physical injuries, emotional trauma, or other damages.
Even if the other driver’s misconduct was obvious, you might still need an attorney’s assistance to get the compensation you deserve. Insurance companies will rarely offer fair settlements to accident victims. If you do not have a lawyer, they may refuse to negotiate in good faith. After all: insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and it is not in their best interest to pay the maximum amount.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you gather the evidence you need to calculate your claim’s value and prove the other driver’s liability. We could handle communications with the insurance company and law enforcement, shielding you from further trauma while we work toward securing the compensation you need and the justice you deserve. Please call us at 585-939-3939 today to schedule your free consultation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!