Rochester, New York, Car Accidents Caused By Failure To Yield A Green Arrow
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as A Best Lawyer of America, Has Dedicated His Career to Combating Negligence and Injustice. If You Have Been Injured in a Rochester Failure to Yield a Green Arrow Car Accident, You Could Be Entitled to Significant Compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Could Help You Recover the Damages You Need to Begin Moving Past a Tragic and Unexpected Monroe County Collision.
Navigating an intersection should not be difficult, let alone dangerous. Unfortunately, some motorists struggle to understand and respect other vehicles’ right-of-way. In fact, right-of-way violations are so common that they frequently result in accidents. While right-of-way-related car crashes can occur almost anywhere, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has found that these collisions are most likely to happen at intersections, often as a consequence of drivers misinterpreting other motorists’ intent. At intersections, these accidents frequently involve unambiguous traffic control signals such as a flashing yellow light or a solid green turn arrow.
A miscalculation or misunderstanding is never an adequate excuse for an accident. When motorists neglect traffic laws and enter an intersection without establishing that they have the right-of-way, they endanger not only themselves but everyone else on the road. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. believes that nobody should have to bear the burden of another person’s poor decision. We have seen first-hand how even seemingly minor fender-benders can wreak havoc on a collision victim’s life, causing intense physical pain and inflicting devastating financial damage.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., is a recognized Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Attorneys Litigator of the Year who is committed to providing car accident victims across Rochester and Monroe County with the highest level of personal injury service available. Since founding the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has helped his clients secure more than $175 million in damages from reckless motorists and insurance companies. We could help you, too! Please send us a message online or call us today at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.Green Arrows and The Right-Of-Way on New York Roadways
Many people mistakenly believe that intersection accidents involving a turn are always attributable to the turning vehicle. However, New York law affords turning vehicles the right of way when they enter an intersection indicated by:
- A Green Light: A green light generally grants a vehicle the right of way when proceeding straight through an intersection. However, motorists who intend to turn left or right on a green signal must still ensure that traffic is clear before initiating a turn.
- A Green Right Turn Arrow: When a green right turn arrow is shown on a traffic control signal, vehicles in the right turn lane are allowed to cautiously enter the intersection in the direction indicated by the arrow.
- A Green Left Turn Arrow: When a green left turn arrow is shown on a traffic control signal, vehicles in the left turn lane are allowed to cautiously enter the intersection in the direction indicated by the arrow.
However, even when drivers have a green light or a green turn arrow, they must still yield the right of way to:
- Pedestrians in a crosswalk;
- Cyclists in a crosswalk; and
- Other vehicles that entered the intersection before the arrow turned green.
While New York law provides a clear-cut explanation of traffic signals and legally permissible maneuvers, some drivers still fail to understand and respect other motorists’ right-of-way. If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a Rochester failure to yield a green arrow car accident, you could be entitled to significant compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. However, recovering damages could be difficult, especially if the insurance company or the other motorist claims that your right of way was not obvious.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has spent years aggressively advocating for car crash victims’ rights. Our experienced team of attorneys knows what it takes to show an adjuster, a judge, or a jury that you should not be held accountable for a Rochester automobile accident that was not your fault. We could help you construct a compelling, evidence-based case for compensation. However, you have to act fast: New York has a strict statute of limitations that could prevent you from securing legal relief if you wait too long to take action. Do not lose your opportunity to get justice: call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 585-939-3939.
HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED IN A ROCHESTER OR MONROE COUNTY FAILURE TO YIELD A GREEN ARROW CAR ACCIDENT?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a failure to yield a green arrow accident in or around Rochester, you could be entitled to significant compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. However, recovering damages could be difficult, especially if the other motorist and their insurance company claim that your negligence contributed to or caused the collision. Even if you have a seemingly open-and-shut case, you will still have to prove:
- Duty of Care: Everyone driving on New York roads has a legal duty of care to themselves and other motorists. In other words, they must abide by the rules of the road and take common sense precautions to avoid causing an accident.
- Breach of Duty: In order to file a successful personal injury claim, you must demonstrate that the other motorist breached their duty of care by breaking the law or otherwise acting negligently.
- Causation: You will have to show that the at-fault motorist’s breach of duty of care was both the actual and proximate cause of your injuries. Although this might sound simple, New York’s contributory negligence laws allow the court to find a personal injury plaintiff partially liable for an accident if their negligence contributed to their own injuries. While a finding of partial or shared liability does not preclude compensation, it could reduce a plaintiff’s damages.
- Damages: Car crash victims cannot file a claim for damages if they did not suffer actual, documentable losses as the result of the accident.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you prove each element of a Rochester failure to yield a green arrow accident by:
- Investigating and collecting evidence from the crash site;
- Obtaining copies of first responders’ accident reports;
- Inspecting the dashcam footage;
- Analyzing the at-fault motorist’s call records, text message history, and vehicular black box data;
- Subpoenaing surveillance camera footage;
- Locating and interviewing eyewitnesses;
- Reviewing your existing and outstanding medical expenses;
- Consulting health care experts to assess your anticipated care needs;
- Offering counsel and guidance throughout insurance negotiations; and
- Standing up for your rights even when the insurance company is reluctant to provide fair compensation.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced team of attorneys could help you prove that the other motorist should be held accountable for your Rochester accident injuries. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your initial consultation and discuss your options for legal relief.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!