Rochester, New York, Car Accidents Caused By Driving On The Shoulder Of The Road
Rochester Car Accidents Caused By Driving On The Shoulder Of The Road Are A Real Danger
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America. He Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight on Your Behalf to Obtain the Best Recovery Possible for Car Accident Victims in Rochester, New York, and Beyond.
Shoulder driving car accidents in Rochester, New York, are accidents that occur when a driver veers off the roadway and onto the shoulder. These accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, such as distracted driving, fatigued driving, or simply driving too fast for existing road conditions. Car crashes associated with shoulder driving can often be prevented by paying attention to the road and driving at a safe speed. If you do find yourself on the shoulder of the road, be sure to use your turn signals to merge back onto the road when it is safe to do so.
There is often debris on the shoulder of a highway or road that could cause damage to a vehicle or even personal injury to its occupants. From construction equipment to broken down cars and other objects that are often found in this outlying part of the main road, shoulder driving can indeed be hazardous. Rochester car accidents caused by driving on the shoulder of the road happen more than most people would expect. Below are five main reasons to avoid traversing the shoulder of the road:
- The Shoulder Is Not Meant for Traversing: The road shoulder is an important safety feature of most roads. It provides a place for drivers to pull over in an emergency, and it also helps keep the road clear of debris. In some cases, the shoulder can also be used for temporary traffic control, such as when road construction is taking place. Poor or rough road conditions can make driving on the shoulder difficult on your vehicle and incredibly hazardous.
- It Is Difficult to Re-Enter The Flow Of Traffic: Re-entering the flow of traffic should be done cautiously. There are some key things to keep in mind to make this process as safe and smooth as possible. First, check your mirrors and blind spots to be sure it is clear before moving over. Use your turn signals to let drivers behind you know what you are doing. Next, you will want to speed up or slow down to match the speed of traffic on the roadway. This will make it easier for drivers behind you to “pace” your car as you re-enter. Finally, once back in the roadway, check mirrors and blind spots again before making any additional lane changes.
- It Is Difficult to See Obstacles: Because most drivers are not accustomed to driving on the shoulder of the road, it can be difficult to identify obstacles and debris. These things can easily damage a vehicle or cause a vehicle to veer out of control and crash. During road construction, workers may also be positioned on the shoulder and could be at risk of being hit.
- Heightened Risk of Head-On Collisions: In some instances, a driver may traverse the shoulder between their lane and the lane of oncoming traffic. This is extremely dangerous and increases the risk of becoming involved in a head-on collision.
- Driving on The Shoulder Is Illegal in Most States: Because this kind of driving is usually illegal, those who are not in emergencies will likely be ticketed or arrested, as this could be considered reckless driving.
HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFERED A ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, CAR ACCIDENT THAT RESULTED IN INJURIES OR LOSS OF LIFE? CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 585-939-3939 NOW!
WE CAN HELP YOU RECOVER LOSSES DUE TO AN ACCIDENT THAT WAS NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN – VISIT ONLINE OR CALL TODAY!
Safe driving involves a combination of skills, knowledge, and attitude. Five important skills required for safe driving are listed below:
- Observation: Being aware of what is happening around you and looking out for potential hazards;
- Anticipation: Being able to glean what might happen next and taking appropriate precautionary measures;
- Planning: Knowing what you intend to do and how you are going to do it;
- Concentration: Maintaining your focus on the task of driving and not letting yourself become distracted; and
- Control: The ability to control your vehicle in all situations.
Rochester car accidents caused by driving on the shoulder of the road can be avoided by becoming a safer driver. The attitude required for safe driving is one of responsibility and care for other drivers. It includes things like obeying the rules of the road, driving courteously, and not taking unnecessary risks. Knowledge is also important for safe driving. This includes knowing and adhering to the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Laws. It is important to remember that safe driving is not just about avoiding accidents—it is also about being considerate of other drivers and making sure that they can share the road with you safely.
We have successfully helped accident victims win over 175 million dollars in settlements and verdicts. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 585-939-3939 or visit us online to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with a top rated Rochester car accident attorney today!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!