Rochester, New York, Car Accidents At Drive-Thru Restaurants
Acclaimed as a Best Lawyer of America, Jed Dietrich, Esq. Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight on Your Behalf to Win the Maximum Recovery Possible if You Were the Victim of a Rochester, New York, Car Accident at a Drive-Thru Restaurant.
A drive-thru is a component of a fast-food restaurant that allows customers to order food without leaving their cars. This convenience has made drive-thru ordering extremely popular, especially among those who do not have time to sit down and eat at a restaurant. According to recent statistics, 57% of hamburger fast-food customers use the drive-thru lane. That said, the stop-and-go nature of drive-thru restaurants can also present ideal conditions for Rochester car accidents. The inherent stop-and-go conditions combined with distracted driving can spell disaster.
If you or a loved one were injured in a Rochester drive-thru car accident, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 585-939-3939. Our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury attorneys can fight to secure the best recovery for you in Rochester, New York. We take calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is absolutely no fee until we WIN for you!
Operating a motor vehicle in a drive-thru lane should be treated with the same safety consciousness as driving at higher speeds on open roads. Below are a few safe driving tips to consider the next time you are in a drive-thru lane:
- Drive Slowly: Parking lots in and around fast-food restaurants are often crowded and busy places, so it is important to drive slowly and be aware of your surroundings as you enter and exit the drive-thru. You should be prepared to stop at any time and always adhere to the posted speed limit and signs.
- Do Not Tailgate: If someone is driving slowly in line in front of you, avoid tailgating them. This could lead to an accident if they suddenly stop or turn.
- Be Aware of Pedestrians: There are often pedestrians walking around drive-thru lines, so be sure to watch out for them and yield to those on foot while in line.
- Use Your Turn Signals: When you are turning in or out of a drive-thru, be sure to use your turn signals to let others know what you are doing.
- Yield to Other Drivers: When two cars arrive at a drive-thru at the same time, yield to the other driver and let them go ahead.
- Exit Promptly: Avoid stopping at the front of the line to check your food order for completeness. The safest way to check your order is to pull into a nearby parking spot.
- Do Not Text and Drive: Just because you are in a drive-thru pick-up line does not make it the right time to text. Distracted driving causes accidents at any speed. Never text and drive under any conditions.
An effective way to avoid drive-thru car accidents and other car accidents in Rochester, New York, is to refine and improve your driving skills. The New York Safety Council offers an excellent and affordable Defensive Driving Course Online. This course is conducted 100% online, so you can learn conveniently at your own pace. The program is approved by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, and you may also qualify for driving-record point reductions, as well as car insurance discounts for undertaking the course. From refreshing one’s knowledge of traffic laws to learning safe driving strategies, and more, it is all there.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 585-939-3939 NOW!
VISIT US ONLINE OR CALL TODAY!
If you are involved in a drive-thru car accident in Rochester, New York, there are a few things you should do to ensure your safety and the safety of others. The first thing you should do is check yourself and your passengers for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately. The City of Rochester Emergency Communications Department offers some helpful information regarding 911 and 311 calls. Click here to learn more. Once the police and ambulance arrive, be sure to give them a full report of what happened. If possible, you should exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information, take photographs of the accident scene, and contact your insurance company to report the accident and begin the claims process.
Drive-thru lanes typically move slowly, which may explain why so many people do not consider it a risky driving environment. In a drive-thru line, the cars spend most of the time waiting in line while slowly edging forward to the pick-up window. While most who operate a motor vehicle know that it is unsafe to check their cell phones while driving on a road or highway, they are sometimes more likely to make an exception in a low-speed drive-thru line. Texting while driving can be just as dangerous in these circumstances, though. For this reason, you should always stay alert when waiting in a line-up of cars at a drive-thru restaurant to avoid getting into an accident that could result in an injury to you or your loved ones. Even the most defensive drivers wind up being involved in Rochester car accidents because of another driver’s negligence. If you or your loved one has been injured in a Rochester drive-thru car accident, you need a recognized Best Lawyer of America in your corner! Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 585-939-3939, so we can fight for you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!