Rochester Bonfire Accident
The Dietrich Law Firm, P.C., Is Recognized as a Best Law Firm of America. We Know How to Aggressively Advocate for Our Clients and Ascertain Justice. Founded by a Recognized Super Lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq., We Are Committed to Providing Unparalleled Personal Injury Service to Anyone Who Was Injured in a Rochester, New York, Bonfire Accident.
From lakes to mountains, Western New York hosts some of the most scenic landscapes in the United States. When temperatures rise, people in and around Rochester often celebrate the arrival of warmer weather by spending more time outdoors. Bonfires are a common fixture of seasonal festivities and family get-togethers.
However, backyard bonfires can pose significant risks when they are not properly constructed or attended to: an out-of-control bonfire could lead to serious burn injuries, causing individuals immense suffering and saddling them with seemingly insurmountable medical bills.
Not all bonfire accident injuries are incidental; some occur because of negligence. If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a bonfire accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to significant compensation. However, your recovery could be contingent on the quality of your legal representation, as proving a bonfire injury claim can be time-consuming and complex.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is dedicated to providing the highest level of personal injury service to our clients across Rochester and Western New York. A recognized Best Law Firm of America, our commitment speaks for itself: since our founding in 2005, we have helped our clients secure more than $175 million in damages—money they could use to treat serious burn injuries, pursue specialist care, and begin the difficult process of moving past a tragic accident. We could help you, too. Please send the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.The Dangers of Backyard Bonfires
The American Society of Landscape Architects recently found that fire pits are the most popular outdoor design feature for modern homes. However, any fire comes with inherent risks. The public's resurgent interest in fire pits has, unfortunately, coincided with a drastic uptick in fire-related injuries. The federal Consumer Products Safety Commission has found that:
- Fire Injuries Are on the Rise: Emergency rooms treated at least 5,300 fire pit and bonfire-related injuries in a single recent year. This represents a three-fold increase in fire pit injuries over a decade.
- Many Bonfire Accidents Are Preventable: Adult fire injuries are often associated with intoxication. The Consumer Products Safety Commission believes alcohol or drug use significantly contributes to about 61% of all bonfire accidents.
- Children Suffer the Highest Injury Rates: Children are the most likely to require emergency care for bonfire accident injuries, with an estimated 25% of all victims being under the age of five.
- Fires Are Dangerous Even After They Are Extinguished: Children and adults frequently suffer burn injuries the day after a bonfire. This is because charred logs, coals, and embers can remain dangerously hot for hours after the flames have died down.
Bonfire accident injuries can have devastating consequences, including the need for intensive treatment, time away from work, surgery, and skin grafts. Even a minor bonfire injury could end up costing tens of thousands of dollars.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. believes that you should never have to pay the price for another person's poor decision. Our award-winning team of attorneys could help you and your family secure the compensation you need to find peace after a serious Rochester bonfire accident. Please call us today at 585-939-3939 to discuss your potential strategies for a full legal recovery.
HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE BEEN INJURED IN A PREVENTABLE ROCHESTER BONFIRE ACCIDENT?
IF SO, YOU NEED TO ACT FAST: NEW YORK HAS A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS THAT LIMITS HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO FILE A CLAIM FOR BONFIRE ACCIDENT INJURIES.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Bonfire accidents can cause serious injuries, including burns. The University of Rochester Medical Center places burns into several different categories depending on how deeply and severely they penetrate the skin's surface:
- First Degree Burns: These superficial burns only affect the outermost layer of skin, called the epidermis. While first-degree burns can still be physically painful, they usually do not result in any long-lasting damage. A first-degree may appear red and dry.
- Second Degree Burns: A second-degree burn penetrates the epidermis and inflicts modest damage to the second layer of skin, called the dermis. The burn site might appear red and blistered. People who suffer second-degree burns may experience localized swelling and pain.
- Third Degree Burns: These serious burns involve the destruction of both the epidermis and the dermis. In some cases, a third-degree burn could damage the innermost layer of skin, comprised of subcutaneous fat cells and connective tissues. A third-degree burn could look white, black, or charred.
- Fourth Degree Burns: Fourth-degree burns destroy the epidermal and dermal layers of skin, furthermore destroying the nerves in the affected area and damaging the body's deep tissue structures. These burns can also injure underlying muscle tissue and bone features.
Bonfire accidents can cause injuries beyond burns, including but not limited to:
- Oxygen Depletion: Fires feed off oxygen. If a person loses consciousness near a fire, their brain could be starved of oxygen. If an individual is deprived of oxygen for an extended period, they could suffer brain damage or even die.
- Internal Damage: Bonfires often contain wood, plastic, and food products, all of which can emit toxic fumes alongside smoke. If these fumes are inhaled, they could damage the throat, lungs, and heart.
- Respiratory Distress: Breathing in substantial amounts of smoke can permanently damage the lungs and respiratory system.
Since even minor bonfire injuries may cause damage beyond superficial burns, it can be difficult to calculate the long-term costs of recovery. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could assist you in surveying and assessing your damages. However, you have to act fast: the evidence you need to prove your Rochester bonfire accident injury case can disappear quickly. The sooner you contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., the faster we can dispatch an investigative team. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your consultation today.Getting Justice After a Rochester Bonfire Accident Injury
If you, or a loved one, have suffered a bonfire accident injury at a private residence or during an organizational get-together, you may believe that you have limited options for recompense.
However, New York law allows you to file a claim for recompense if the property owner's negligence caused or contributed to your injuries. A property owner, or another guest, could be liable for your injuries if they:
- Failed to enact reasonable safeguards to prevent a fire from spreading;
- Allowed children or other vulnerable persons to approach the fire without supervision;
- Violated city ordinances regulating the permissible size of a recreational fire;
- Violated New York law by leaving the fire unattended; or
- Used a defective fire-starting product that caused injury or sparked an uncontrollable conflagration.
When you work with Jed Dietrich, Esq., you do not have to worry about your legal costs: we work on a contingency basis, which means you do not have to pay us anything out-of-pocket. We only get paid if you win your case. If we cannot get you the settlement you deserve, we do not get paid. This means that we are just as invested in the outcome of your case as you are. Our attorneys will work with you to determine which approach is best for your claim. Depending on the nature and extent of your Rochester bonfire accident injuries, we could initiate a case against multiple defendants.
You do not have to leave your recovery up to chance: please send the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. a message online or call our award-winning team of attorneys at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free consultation immediately.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!