Rochester, New York, Amputation Injury Lawyers
Regarded and Respected as a Best Lawyer of America, Jed Dietrich, Esq. Will Aggressively and Tenaciously Fight on Your Behalf to Win the Maximum Recovery Possible if You Were the Victim of a Rochester, New York, Amputation Injury.
An amputation injury is a traumatic event in which a body part is completely severed from the body. This can happen as a result of a personal injury accident. Amputation injuries can be devastating, both physically and emotionally. They can cause significant physical impairments, and you may require lifelong care. It is estimated that about 1.9 million people are living with limb loss in the United States. Every year, approximately 185,000 amputations are performed nationwide. In fact, in a single recent year, a total of 9,021 amputations were performed in New York hospitals alone. If you have suffered an amputation injury, it is essential to have immediate access to the best medical care possible
In addition, seeking an experienced personal injury legal team in Rochester will help to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Keep in mind that the cost of medical care is on the rise. When a serious and traumatic event such as a Rochester amputation injury happens, a court-awarded settlement can be vital for ongoing medical treatment and care. Have you or a loved one been the victim of a Rochester amputation injury? To get your claim started today, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online. Throughout his highly respected legal career, Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s efforts have been recognized by a variety of trusted organizations in the field. Learn more about the president of our firm’s extraordinary accolades by clicking here.Types Of Amputation Injuries
Amputation injuries can be classified as follows:
- Traumatic Amputations: These occur when a limb or body part is severed due to an accident. Common causes of traumatic amputations include car accidents, industrial accidents, and pedestrian accidents.
- Surgical Amputations: These happen when a limb or body part is removed during surgery. Surgical amputations may be necessary due to injury.
HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFERED A ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, AMPUTATION INJURY? CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF TRUSTED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW!
WE CAN HELP YOU OBTAIN FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR AN AMPUTATION INJURY IN ROCHESTER – VISIT US ONLINE OR CALL TODAY! WE FIGHT FOR YOU!
Traumatic amputation is a serious injury that can cause many short- and long-term complications. Some of the most common complications include:
- Pain: Amputation injuries can cause severe pain. This may be due to nerve damage, phantom limb syndrome, and other factors.
- Infection: Amputation injuries are at risk for infection because the wound is open and exposed to bacteria. Infections can lead to serious complications, such as sepsis.
- Impaired Mobility: Amputees must grapple with impaired mobility. Amputation injuries may also require the use of prosthetic devices, which can be expensive and challenging to use.
- Emotional Distress: Amputees may experience emotional distress. Largely due to the physical changes caused by the injury and the psychological impact of losing a limb or other body part. Amputation-type injuries can also lead to depression and anxiety.
- Loss of Income: Amputation injuries can cause loss of income due to the victim’s inability to work and the ongoing need for expensive medical care. Injuries of this kind can also lead to a loss of autonomy.
- Social Isolation: Amputation injuries can cause social isolation and a loss of self-esteem and self-confidence.
Rochester amputation injuries typically alter a person’s life forever. Hospital treatment, medical bills, and lost wages all demand just compensation. If you or someone you love has been affected by an amputation injury in Rochester, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online by clicking here. We have successfully procured large settlements and favorable verdicts over the years for victims of accidents throughout Rochester.Treatment Options For Amputation Injuries
Treatment for amputation injuries in Rochester will vary depending on the type and severity of the injury. Some treatment options may include:
- Surgery: Surgery may be necessary to remove the limb or other body parts. The University of Rochester Medical Center has an Amputation Management Program that offers consultations and education before and after amputation-related surgical procedures.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can help improve range of motion and strength. Physical therapy may also help with pain management.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational therapy can help with daily activities, such as dressing and grooming.
- Prosthetic Devices: Prosthetic devices can help improve mobility. Advanced Prosthetic Design offers a full range of prosthetic limbs for amputees in Rochester. To learn more, click here.
- Counseling: Counseling can help with the emotional effects of an amputation injury. The Rochester Amputee Treatment Center, located at 8388 Lewiston Road, is an excellent resource.
Prosthetic devices are artificial limbs that are used to replace missing body parts. These devices can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, plastic, and composite materials. They are usually attached to the body using a system of straps, belts, and sockets. They can be used for a variety of purposes, including aiding in the rehabilitation of an injured limb, improving the function of a disabled limb, or cosmetically concealing a missing limb.
Prosthetics are powered by various means, including hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, and batteries. Prosthetic limbs can be controlled by the user's muscles, computer-controlled sensors, or a combination of both. These devices can be made to resemble a natural limb in both form and function. Some are designed for cosmetic purposes only and may not provide the same level of function as those designed for rehabilitative or functional purposes.
Amputation injuries can be complex and very expensive to treat and manage. A Rochester personal injury lawyer can help you if you have been the victim of an amputation injury in Rochester, New York. An experienced lawyer can help you receive the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering, prolonged lost income, and mounting medical bills. Help is available! Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today by calling (585) 939-3939 or visiting online.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!