Pregnant Woman Car Accidents In Rochester, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer, Has Dedicated His Career to Standing Up for The Victims of Negligence. When A Reckless, Intoxicated, or Impatient Motorist Injures a Pregnant Woman in an Automobile Accident, They Endanger Two Lives. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Can Help You Navigate the Uncertainty of a Life-Changing Crash.
Car accidents are inherently traumatic events. While many do not end in injury, they always have the capacity to cause great harm. When most people are involved in an automobile crash, their first instinct is to ensure their own safety. However, pregnant women and expecting mothers have an additional responsibility that often takes precedence over their own well-being: keeping their unborn baby out of harm’s way.
Unfortunately, not even the most prepared parent can avoid every accident. When other motorists do not fulfill their legal duty to drive safely, they put everyone around them in danger. Pregnant women stand a significant chance of suffering serious injuries in car crashes, not only to themselves but to their unborn babies, too.
If you, or a loved one, were involved in a Rochester car accident while pregnant, you could be entitled to compensation through an insurance settlement or lawsuit. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is committed to providing our clients the highest level of personal injury service. Since our founding, we have helped our clients secure more than $175 million in damages—money that can be used to pay hospital bills, consult a specialist, or care for your child. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.Common Injuries For Pregnant Women In New York Car Accidents
Pregnant women involved in car accidents could sustain any number of injuries, from whiplash to broken bones and burns. However, pregnancy poses additional risks. In the immediate aftermath of an automobile accident, pregnant women may experience:
- Premature Birth: Early delivery is among the most common occurrences after a car crash. Since premature infants have low birth weights and underdeveloped respiratory systems, they may require special care. If the infant survives, they are still at elevated risk of developing severe health problems and chronic disabilities.
- Maternal Shock: When a pregnant woman is seriously injured, her body may try to save itself by diverting oxygenated blood away from the fetus. Maternal shock has many different causes. However, when the maternal shock is caused by external trauma, it has an 80% fetal fatality rate.
- Placental Abruption: A placental abruption may occur during a crash if the impact generates sufficient force to separate the fetal placenta from the inner wall of the uterus before birth. This is the leading cause of fetal loss in automotive crashes. An abruption can deprive the baby of oxygen and trigger heavy bleeding in the mother.
- Uterine Rupture: A uterine rupture could happen when a laceration or wound pierces the wall of the uterus. While ruptures are rare compared to other types of injuries, they have a near-100% fetal fatality rate.
- Maternal Death: A serious car accident endangers not only the unborn baby but its mother, too. If the mother suffers severe injuries, she may pass away. In most cases, medical personnel will not be able to save the fetus if the mother is predeceased.
If you were involved in a car accident while pregnant, you or your unborn child might have suffered serious injuries. Even if medical personnel could save your infant, you could still be held financially liable for the cost of your ambulance ride and any emergency procedures the doctor may have performed.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you file a claim for recompense if you were injured in an accident, lost your child, or delivered a premature baby who developed a physical or cognitive disability after the crash. Our award-winning team of attorneys has the experience to investigate the circumstances of the wreck, analyzing all the available evidence to show that a reckless or otherwise negligent driver caused your damages. You deserve to take a stand, both for yourself and your unborn child. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at 585-939-3939 today.
WERE YOU OR A PREGNANT LOVED ONE INJURED BY A NEGLIGENT MOTORIST IN OR AROUND ROCHESTER, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The human body was not made to withstand the incredible force generated by even low-speed automobile crashes. If you were injured in an automobile accident while pregnant, you should always seek immediate medical attention. After all, even a minor car crash can affect your fetus in ways you cannot physically sense.
In some instances, a doctor may not be able to tell if your fetus was injured in the crash. However, simply seeing a physician shows the negligent motorist and your insurance company that you have serious concerns about your unborn baby’s health. If you develop complications later in your pregnancy, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could use your physician’s notes and medical records to prove that the complications arose from the accident.
After you have ensured the safety of yourself and your unborn child, call a Rochester attorney immediately. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. specializes in car accident injuries involving pregnant women. In a worst-case scenario, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could assist you in filing a wrongful death claim. Although taking legal action after a traumatic accident might seem an intimidating prospect, it could be your only option for securing the money you need to recover from a Rochester car accident.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!