Niagara Falls, New York, Wheelchair Transport No Lock Injury Lawyers
Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Veteran Lawyers if You were the Victim of any Type of Wheelchair Transportation Accident in Niagara Falls, New York, Throughout Niagara County, or Anywhere else in New York State. Jed Dietrich, Esq., an Expert Litigator, has Taken Over 100 Cases to Trial and Promises to Fight to Obtain the Highest Compensation for Your Claim.
Wheelchairs are utilized by individuals for whom walking is problematic or impossible because of various disabilities, neurological conditions, injuries, and illnesses. Some of the most common types of mobility impairments are spinal cord injuries, paralysis, amputations, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, and cerebral palsy. According to recent estimates, there are about 2.7 million wheelchair users in the United States. In New York State, almost all buildings are required to provide handicapped access. While getting into places around Niagara Falls, New York, is not usually much of an issue, some wheelchair users lack accessible transportation. Those coping with severe injuries, illnesses, and old age may need to attend regular health checkups. Many of these individuals contract non-emergency medical transportation companies (NEMT) and wheelchair transport services to get them to their appointments.
Although wheelchair transportation companies are supposed to specialize in safely driving those in need, inadequately secured passengers can suffer life-altering injuries or even death. Unfortunately, most wheelchair passengers that rely on medical transportation companies are already suffering from overwhelming health issues. In addition to injuries such as herniated discs, broken bones, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), no lock-related accidents can also exacerbate existing medical conditions. Being severely injured because an ambulette attendant forgot to secure a wheelchair could leave the victim with extreme anxiety, depression, pain and suffering, and other emotional problems.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our elite attorneys have many years of experience fighting for people with disabilities. If you are searching for an attorney to take your wheelchair transport no lock accident claim, it is imperative to consider the lawyer’s past performance in similar cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has secured over $175 million in judgments and settlements for injured victims throughout Niagara Falls, New York, and beyond. Our prestigious law firm takes great pride in fighting for the justice of injured victims, and we possess the knowledge and resources to get you the best result. When you are ready to discover more about how the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading litigators can win your case, please call us. Our battle-tested team is available 24/7 by calling 716-839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.Different Types Of Wheelchair Restraint Systems
Ambulettes and wheelchair vans are designed with specialized hardware called wheelchair restraints. As vital safety devices, wheelchair locks are required by New York State law when carrying wheelchaired passengers. When used properly, these restraint systems can help prevent wheelchairs from moving during transportation. Locking systems are invaluable in the event of a collision because they function similarly to seatbelts. Restraints are typically assembled directly into the vehicle’s floor panels to hold wheelchairs in place. Newer devices feature a universal design that works with most types of wheelchairs. The 3 main types of locking systems for wheelchairs are:
- Retractable Systems: By design, the straps of this 4-point tie-down system mechanically retract into the housing unit, where they can be secured and released.
- Non-Retractable Systems: This basic system is made up of a 4-point tie-down with straps that must be tightened and released by hand. Ambulette attendants must correctly position the wheelchair before they can tighten the straps.
- Automatic Docking System: This system has recently increased in popularity because it conveniently secures the wheelchair into a predetermined position. Once the wheelchair is pushed onto the mounted rail, it automatically slides into position and locks.
Additionally, various restraint system add-ons, such as audio and visual indicators that notify when the wheelchair is locked into place, self-tensioning retractors that automatically tighten up the slack, and self-locking assist attendants when securing wheelchairs. Regardless of the restraint system in place, failing to properly secure a wheelchair before an ambulette begins moving could cause it to shift, tip, or even flip over. This is incredibly dangerous when the driver turns, accelerates, or brakes. Research has uncovered that abrupt stops, sharp turns, and crashes could generate sufficient force to cause a wheelchaired victim severe harm or wrongful death.
HAVE YOU, OR A WHEELCHAIR USER CLOSE TO YOU, SUFFERED SERIOUS INJURIES OR WORSE IN A NO LOCK ACCIDENT WHILE RIDING IN AN AMBULETTE IN NIAGARA FALLS, THROUGHOUT NIAGARA COUNTY, OR ANY OTHER PART OF NEW YORK STATE?
IF SO, YOU SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO HANDLE THIS DIFFICULT SITUATION WITHOUT LEGAL REPRESENTATION. PLEASE CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND SEASONED TEAM OF NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK, WHEELCHAIR TRANSPORT ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Do you need wheelchair transportation in Niagara Falls, New York, for yourself or a loved one? Finding a good company to transport you requires careful planning and research. It is important to hire an ambulette service that is highly experienced with handling wheelchair users and other people with disabilities. Depending on your specific needs, choosing the right provider can be an extensive and time-consuming process. As you commence your search for disability transportation, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran lawyers recommend choosing a service with the following qualifications:
- Primarily Concerned with Passenger Safety: The best ambulette services will go above and beyond to ensure their passengers’ safety and wellbeing. It is imperative to choose a company that makes you feel like you are in good hands.
- Dedicated Professionals: Bringing disabled individuals to and from their doctor’s appointments should not be viewed as just another job. The best service providers hire staff who are truly passionate about helping others.
- Convenience: When exploring ambulette companies, look for services that provide flexible booking options. For wheelchair users who have frequent medical appointments throughout the week, it can be demanding to constantly try to book transportation. Companies that allow patients to simultaneously book transportation for multiple appointments are a great option.
- Comfortable and Well-Equipped: One of the main reasons for choosing an ambulette is comfort. The best wheelchair transport companies design their vehicles to comfortably transport disabled individuals. Ask the provider what accessories their fleet is equipped with.
- Excellent Track Record: A responsible transport service should be happy to share particulars about the company’s hiring practices, employee training, safety protocols, and past mishaps. Be sure to look at Google reviews for positive comments and five-star ratings to get a clear picture of the level of care offered.
After your unfortunate no lock wheelchair transport accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate lawyers strongly advise you to contact our top rated litigators immediately. Your claim will be much easier with the Dietrich Legal Team’s battle-tested lawyers negotiating for you. We understand all of the unique nuances and subtleties related to wheelchair mishaps and will use these to your benefit. Please contact us today at 716-839-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Niagara Falls, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!