Limousine Car Accidents In Rochester
The Dietrich Law Firm, P.C., Is Recognized as a Best Law Firm of America. Founded by a Recognized Super Lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq., We Are Committed to Providing Unparalleled Personal Injury Service to Anyone Who Was Injured in a Rochester, New York, Limousine Accident.
Limousines are meant to be luxurious. While not everyone can afford a limousine of their own, these automobiles are often made available as chauffeured rentals. People typically book limousines to celebrate special occasions, from weddings to big birthday bashes. However, a limousine is still a car—and every car is only as safe as its driver. Most limousine drivers are trained professionals with commercial driver’s licenses. However, even skilled chauffeurs can still make mistakes. If a driver takes unnecessary risks, drives recklessly, or neglects to perform routine maintenance, they are endangering their passengers and exposing them to potentially critical injuries.
Nobody wants their big night to end in disaster. But if disaster strikes, you need to be prepared. A skilled Rochester limousine car accident attorney could make the difference between a low-ball settlement and full-fledged legal recovery. Jed Dietrich, Esq., is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and American Institute of Trial Attorneys Litigator of the Year. Since founding the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has successfully represented clients across Rochester and Western New York. Our firm’s skilled team of highly experienced attorneys have helped accident victims recover more than $175 million in damages. We could help you, too. Please call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation as soon as possible.How Limousine Accidents Happen
One of the worst limousine accidents in American history happened in Schoharie, New York, a small town just three hours east of Rochester. The crash, which resulted from brake failure on a steep section of Route 30, killed eighteen passengers and two bystanders. A National Transportation Safety Board investigation found that the limousine’s owner had ignored an out-of-service order for an upcoming charter trip. While this mild maintenance oversight could have been considered an innocent mistake, government investigators found that the limousine company routinely operated vehicles that had failed safety inspections.
Limousine accidents can have causes besides poor maintenance. These include:
- Driver Negligence: Limousine drivers are usually trained professionals, but they sometimes make mistakes. If a driver fails to use their turn signal, initiates an improper lane change, or makes another avoidable mistake, they could be held liable for any resulting injuries, whether to passengers, other motorists, or bystanders.
- Substance Abuse: Chauffeurs never have an excuse to get intoxicated. In fact, New York considers commercial vehicle operators intoxicated if their Blood Alcohol Content is above .04 percent. This is significantly lower than the .08 percent limit applied to other drivers.
- Distracted Driving: Commercial vehicle drivers are subject to the same rules as everyone else. This means they cannot send text messages, watch videos, or otherwise allow themselves to be distracted while operating a limousine. In some cases, this might mean calming down a rowdy crowd before initiating a trip.
Irrespective of their cause, limousine accidents always have the potential to result in serious and even life-altering injuries. If you, or a loved one, have been hurt in a Rochester-area limousine car collision, you could be entitled to significant compensation through an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. Please send the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. a message online to schedule your free consultation.What To Do After A Rochester Limousine Accident
Any automobile accident could result in a life-altering injury—including disability, disfigurement, or wrongful death. However, limousine collisions are especially chaotic, as there are often many passengers sitting in an unusual seating configuration.
Deciding what to do after a Rochester car accident in a limousine can be challenging. If you are injured in a Rochester limousine car crash, the following steps could help ensure your safety:
- Assess Injuries: Even if you cannot feel any pain, check to see if you have sustained any injuries. Once you have assessed your own condition, give aid to any other passengers who may need assistance.
- Call Police: Contact law enforcement after any limousine accident. While the police might not be able to determine who was at fault immediately, the responding officer’s report could serve as important evidence.
- Gather Evidence: Try to collect evidence. You could photograph the damage to the vehicle, your injuries, and any torn clothes or vehicular debris. If you believe someone may have witnessed the accident, ask them for their name, phone number, and other contact information.
- Seek Medical Attention: You should always try to see a physician after an accident, even if you do not believe you were seriously injured. A doctor could help you identify and treat injuries you did not realize you sustained.
- Just Call Jed: The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has years of experience helping people just like you. We know what it takes to launch a successful offense against a limousine company, reckless driver, or negligent automobile manufacturer. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your appointment.
DID YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFER INJURIES AFTER BEING INVOLVED IN A ROCHESTER LIMOUSINE CAR ACCIDENT? IF SO, YOU NEED TO ACT FAST: NEW YORK HAS A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS THAT LIMITS HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO FILE A CLAIM FOR LIMOUSINE ACCIDENT INJURIES.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, CAR ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Jed Dietrich, Esq., could help you investigate the circumstances of your Rochester limousine car accident to determine who should be held accountable for your injuries and damages.
Several people could be held liable; some potential defendants include:
- The limousine driver, if their reckless or otherwise negligent behavior contributed to the accident;
- The limousine company, if their practices or policies created unsafe circumstances;
- A vehicle manufacturer or parts maker, if a mechanical defect or a product failure led to the collision;
- Another passenger, if their behavior caused the driver to make a mistake; and
- Another motorist, if their behavior caused the accident and resulting injuries.
However, you may face an uphill battle: the limousine company might point to your rental agreement, claiming that it absolves them of responsibility. They might also try to pin the blame on their driver, claiming they cannot be held liable for their chauffeur’s mistakes.
You stand your best chance of recovery with a seasoned professional on your side. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has years of experience standing up for the victims of negligence. We could help you investigate the circumstances of your Rochester limousine car accident and gather the evidence needed to find out who was at fault. If the liable party or their insurance company is unwilling to negotiate in good faith, we could take them to court. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule a consultation and discuss your legal options for recourse.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!