Expert Rochester, New York FedEx Delivery Person Dog Bite Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Celebrated as a Premier Lawyer of America and Distinguished Justice Advocate, and His Team of Passionate and Persistent Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Highly Praised with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, Forcefully Litigate Cases to Obtain Amazing Results for FedEx Delivery Drivers Who were Brutally Injured by Hostile Dogs in Rochester, New York.
The City of Rochester issues 4,200 to 4,500 dog licenses annually. According to estimates, this only accounts for 10 percent of the city’s total canine population. While having a dog can be very rewarding, dogs bite over 4.7 million victims each year. The average FedEx driver delivers between 75 to 125 packages per day. Unfortunately, with so many deliveries also comes an increased risk of encountering dogs. Especially when shipments require signatures and couriers are forced to enter yards and porches. Confronting aggressive canines is one of the toughest part s of delivering packages. Let alone when FedEx drivers suffer catastrophic injuries from dog bites.
If you, or a FedEx delivery person you know, have been hurt by a dog in Rochester, New York, it is essential to consult with a highly experienced personal injury lawyer. When owners fail to keep their dogs under control, they can be held liable for damages. Hiring the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best of the best team will provide you with substantial benefits, such as obtaining faster and larger settlement offers. With our elite legal representation, you may be able to recover money for all of your economic and non-economic losses, such as hospital bills, other medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, rehabilitation, permanent disfigurement, loss of consortium, and much more.
For the past 23 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has enthusiastically fought for the rights of injured victims. During this time, Jed Dietrich, Esq., renowned as a Best Attorney of America, has prosecuted thousands of cases and obtained over $175 million in judgments and settlements for victims in Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s top rated lawyers are well-equipped to leverage our vast resources and decades of practice to demand the greatest result for your case. Our seasoned team would appreciate the opportunity to evaluate your claim in person. We would be honored to provide you with a free and private consultation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading team is available around the clock by dialing (585) 939-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. Please take your first step towards obtaining much-deserved compensation today by calling us.Common Dog-Related FedEx Delivery Driver Injuries
According to data from the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (USCPSC), there are an average of 337,103 emergency room visits every year for dog bites. Most dog bite injuries suffered by FedEx delivery workers are to the ankles and legs. However, bites are not the only type of dog-related injury that couriers are forced to bear. Even when a dog does not bite, victims can still suffer a wide variety of injuries in an attack. For instance, many delivery personnel may endure falls while trying to avoid or escape dogs. Some of the most devastating injuries suffered by FedEx drivers in dog attacks include:
- Bruises from getting knocked down;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) from smashing into the ground;
- Deep puncture wounds;
- Cuts and lacerations to the face;
- Fractured or broken bones from running into objects while trying to escape;
- Damage to muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves;
- Amputation of arms or legs;
- Viral infections, such as methicillin-resistant staphylococcus (MRSA), rabies, or tetanus;
- Bacterial infections, like staphylococcus or Pasteurella, can easily be transferred from the dog’s mouth through an opened wound;
- Permanent disfigurement and brutal scarring;
- Life-long trauma; and
- Wrongful death.
Many of the above injuries are extremely painful and can have an overwhelming impact on a victim’s life. Although diseases like rabies are rare, in the absence of treatment, they can be fatal. Therefore, you should never take for granted that your injuries are too minor to seek medical care. It is crucial to find out the vaccination status of the dog and get yourself examined by a doctor.
WERE YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SEVERELY INJURED BY AN AGGRESSIVE CANINE WHILE DELIVERING A PACKAGE IN ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND VETERAN TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK FEDEX DRIVER DOG INJURY LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Under New York law, an owner of an aggressive dog can be held strictly liable for a FedEx delivery person’s hospital bills and other medical expenses. When the victim can demonstrate that the canine displayed a propensity for violent behavior that the owner realized but failed to incorporate sufficient preventive actions to control, he or she could be entitled to additional compensation. Being a responsible dog owner is imperative to ensure your family pet does not turn aggressive. Fortunately, owners can prevent their canines from biting FedEx drivers by incorporating responsible pet ownership, not letting their guards down, and using common sense. You can significantly lower the chances of your dog biting a delivery driver by implementing the following precautions:
- Prevent Your Dog from Roaming: Even if your front yard is enclosed, never let your pooch roam inside the yard unaccompanied, especially if the delivery person has to walk through the yard to reach your porch or mailbox.
- Ensure Your Fence is Secure: It is important to make sure that your dog cannot open the gate latch, jump over the fence, or bite through the openings in the fence. Additionally, you should confirm that the gate is shut every time you open and close it.
- Maintain an Adequate Barrier: If your dog stays indoors, it is still important to make certain that there is always a barrier between the FedEx delivery person and the pooch. The last thing you want is your dog escaping the house or chasing the courier, especially if you have to sign for a package.
- Always Use a Leash: Do not assume your canine will be good around others. Whenever you walk your dog, it is crucial to use a leash to help keep your dog from charging others. If you are coming back from walking your dog and the FedEx driver is there, avoid getting too close or grabbing your mail. Instead, maintain a reasonable distance and wait for the delivery person to leave before proceeding.
- Train Your Dog: Proper training and socialization help prepare dogs for various interactions and make them more comfortable in various situations.
No FedEx delivery person should ever be forced to bear the aftermath of a dog bite without a highly qualified personal injury attorney. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite lawyers are experts at pursuing compensation for victims of ruthless dog bites. Insurance companies and negligent parties have paid our leading team at least $1,000,000.00 or more on 38 separate occasions. Our battle-tested litigators will employ the same strategies that have generated the best possible results over and over again. Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., a longstanding member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, at (585) 939-3939 to get your complimentary consultation and case evaluation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned attorneys represent all clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning that our veteran attorneys will never charge any up-front expenses for our first-class legal counsel. We are honored to fight for victims throughout Rochester, New York, Monroe County, and all surrounding areas.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!