Erie, Pennsylvania, Hip Injury Lawyers
The Tenacious Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Represents Individuals Who Have Suffered Hip Injuries in Erie, Pennsylvania, and Beyond.
According to a report from the Centers for Disease Control, every 1 in 5 falls results in a serious injury. In the United States alone, it is reported that 95% of hip fractures are the result of a fall, with more than 800,000 hospitalizations for hip injuries caused by a fall each year. For individuals over the age of 65, the hips are one of the most injury-prone areas of the body.
Slip and falls are among the leading causes of hip injuries. While a fall can happen anywhere, locations that experience heavy accumulations of snow and ice increase the chance of an injury-causing fall. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of top rated personal injury attorneys are highly experienced in slip and fall cases and are prepared to fight for a successful verdict on your behalf. Do not hesitate to reach out today at 814-839-3939 or visit us online.What is a Hip Injury?
Our hips are located on either side of our pelvis. A joint is formed where the tops of the thigh bones meet the pelvis. This fit, referred to as a ball-and-socket joint, allows for movement and rotation in the legs and pelvis. The hips bear much of our body weight and are constantly used as we walk, run, and exercise. The hips are subject to considerable wear and tear over the course of a lifetime and, as a result, become weaker with age. Some common injuries to the hip can include the following:
- Strain: A strain or sprain is a “stretched or torn muscle or tendon.” The tendons are the connective tissue of the body. When they are stretched beyond their usual limits, such as from a sports injury, swelling, bruising, or pain is a common result.
- Dislocation: This occurs when the bones shift out of position. For example, when a sudden fall jolts the thigh bone out of the hip socket. A dislocation can be either partial or full, and in some instances, surgery may be required to reset the joint.
- Fracture: A broken bone or fracture is a common side effect of a fall, although sometimes they result from overuse. A broken bone is usually accompanied by pain, swelling, bruising, and limited mobility.
Over the past twenty years, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has successfully represented countless clients in serious slip and fall accident injury cases. Our top priority is ensuring that you receive the best possible outcome for your personal injury case. Call us now at 814-839-3939 or visit us online to receive your free consultation. You will never be charged a fee until we secure a successful verdict for you!Causes of Hip Injuries
A slip and fall is one of the most common causes of hip-related injuries. Unfortunately, a fall could take place anywhere: a slippery kitchen floor, the edge of a sidewalk, an icy patch of a driveway, or a bit of wet grass. There are certain conditions that can increase the likelihood of a fall occurring, such as:
- Age: Individuals over 65 are more likely to experience a fall resulting in a hip injury. This is due in part to the natural wear and tear on the body as well as to the slower reflexes that tend to accompany aging.
- Unpaved Paths: Certain walkways, such as dirt or gravel trails, old roads with potholes, and uneven sidewalks, can increase the risk of a fall.
- Weather: A slip and fall is more likely to occur in winter when sidewalks are more likely to be iced or obscured by debris.
- Footwear: Improper footwear, such as shoes with poor traction, can cause individuals to be less stable while walking and more likely to fall.
In addition to the conditions stated above, other causes of hip injuries can include sports-related injuries, car accidents, and certain degenerative bone diseases.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES FROM A SLIP AND FALL IN ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF QUALIFIED ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 814-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The healing process for a hip injury varies depending on the type and severity of the trauma. The RICE method (Rest Ice Compression and Elevation) is recommended for minor strains. In more serious cases, such as a dislocation or fracture, a longer recovery period is necessary. In the event of any hip-related injury, always consult with a medical professional. A doctor will be able to suggest the best course of treatment.
Some causes of hip injuries are accidental: slipping on a muddy soccer field or tripping over your dog’s toys. In many cases, however, the circumstances that lead to hip injuries occur because of the negligence of others, for example, slipping on a freshly mopped floor because a wet floor sign was not put in place. Or falling on a patch of ice because an establishment failed to salt the sidewalk in front of their building properly. A slip and fall can happen anywhere. Unfortunately, determining whether or not your injury was the result of negligence on the part of others can be challenging.
In such situations, it is recommended that you take your case to a personal injury attorney. A professional Erie, Pennsylvania, personal injury law firm will know what questions to ask and who to consult in order to determine all the facts of your case. For over twenty years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has successfully represented individuals in slip and fall cases throughout Erie, Pennsylvania. To receive your free consultation, call us now at 814-839-3939 or visit us online.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 814-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!