Erie, Pennsylvania, Burn Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Elite Team of Personal Injury Lawyers have Obtained well over $175,000,000.00 in Total Compensation for Our Client’s Injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Veteran Litigators Promise to Aggressively Negotiate Your Erie, Pennsylvania Burn Accident Claim to Demand the Finest Possible Outcome.
Whether you have suffered a chemical burn from a hazardous product, a third-degree burn from fireworks at Lights Over Lake Erie, or an accidental burn from an out-of-control big bonfire, you are not alone. According to the American Burn Association, in a recent year alone, an estimated 486,000 victims received medical treatment for burn-related injuries. Ranging from minor irritation to scored skin, these types of injuries can vary significantly. Severe burn injuries often take weeks or even months to heal and can be highly susceptible to infections. Scorched skin requires frequent cleaning and dressing changes to ward off infection. Serious burn injuries are not only incredibly painful, but they can leave victims permanently disfigured. Terrible scars, especially in noticeable areas like the hands, neck, or face, can alter a victim’s appearance forever. Even minor alterations to the victim’s look can result in complete psychological devastation.
Treatment for more severe burns often entails various operations, such as skin grafting or the use of synthetic skin. The combination of surgery and rehabilitation can end up costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, in most cases, the damaged skin will never look like it did before the burn occurred, and disfiguring scars may be a constant reminder of the tragic event. When severe burn victims are forced to agonize through traumatic recoveries, they can find themselves in challenging situations physically, emotionally, and money-wise. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate burn injury attorneys understand that filing a personal injury claim may be your only opportunity to ensure that justice prevails. Our top rated litigators want nothing more than to get you the compensation that you deserve so that you can start rebuilding everything that you lost.
Our highly experienced lawyers have seen the lasting damages that burns can have on a victim’s well-being, ranging from organ failure and breathing problems to self-esteem issues and loss of sensation. The seasoned attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are dedicated to providing you with the finest legal representation so that you can focus more on recovery. Our team will do everything it takes to obtain an unparalleled result for your burn injury. Insurance companies and negligent parties have compensated Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s clients over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements for their losses. You can get in touch with our best of the best team 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, by dialing (814) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Our highly qualified Erie, Pennsylvania, attorneys would be honored to provide you with a free claim evaluation and consultation.Burn Injury Facts And Figures
The Mayo Clinic defines a “burn” as tissue damage that is caused by heat, chemical exposure, electrical contact, overexposure to the sun, or other sources of radiation. While anyone can suffer an accidental burn, children, teenagers, and the elderly face the greatest risk. Below, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran lawyers have put together some statistics about burn injuries:
- Each year, there are approximately 3,500 burn-related fatalities;
- Roughly 73 percent of burns occur in homes and other residences;
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fires and burns are the 3rd leading cause of death in homes;
- In a recent year, a victim suffered a fire-related injury every 30 minutes;
- Fire or flame burns accounted for over 40 percent of all burn center admissions;
- The most common burn injury among children ages 4 and under is scalding;
- According to the National SAFE KIDS Campaign, almost 75 percent of all burns in kids are preventable;
- The 5 main types of burn injuries include light burns, thermal burns, electrical burns, radiation burns, and chemical burns;
- Depending on the severity, burns are classified as either first-degree (superficial), second-degree (partial thickness), third-degree (full thickness), or fourth-degree (penetrating deeper tissue);
- Although 96.7 percent of all individuals treated in burn centers survive, many of those victims sustain serious disabilities, severe scarring, and extreme difficulty adjusting;
- In any given year, males suffer about 68 percent of all burn injuries, while women only suffer 32 percent; and
- Adults ages 20-29 have a 5 times higher probability of suffering burn injuries.
DID YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, SUFFER ACUTE BURN INJURIES CAUSED
BY SOMEONE ELSE’S NEGLIGENCE OR CARELESSNESS
IN ERIE OR OTHER PARTS OF PENNSYLVANIA?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEAM
OF ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, BURN ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT
(814) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
While most small scalds and sunburns can be treated at home, severe burns require immediate medical attention. It is crucial to continue examining your wounds for tightening of the skin over joints, excessive scarring, and other long-term issues. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested attorneys recommend seeking emergency medical treatment at a local hospital, such as UPMC Hamot or Millcreek Community Hospital, if you experience:
- A burn caused by electricity or chemicals;
- Burns that cover a large area of your body;
- A burn that causes your skin to look leathery;
- A burn to the airway or undergo breathing problems;
- Burns that have black, brown, or white patches;
- Burn injuries that look charred;
- Burns covering your hands, feet, groin, buttocks, or face;
- Burns affecting lower layers of the skin or deep tissues;
- Blisters or wounds that do not heal within 2 weeks; and
- Symptoms of infection, like redness, swelling, increased pain, or yellow oozing from the wound.
The primary objectives of burn treatment are to remove dead tissues, reduce scarring, control the pain, prevent infection, and regain proper functioning. Proper treatment for your burn significantly depends on the cause and severity. For most burns, your treatment will involve dressing the wound, painkillers, and medications to prevent infection. However, victims with third and fourth-degree burns often require treatment at specialized burn centers for reconstruction surgeries, skin grafts, breathing assistance, and therapy.
When another party’s negligence or carelessness causes you to suffer burns, you may be entitled to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. Esteemed with a Google Five Star rating, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strives to provide the most elite level of personal injury service to every client. Jed Dietrich, Esq. will uncompromisingly negotiate to obtain the largest possible settlement for you. Our elite lawyers may be able to get you paid for all past and future medical bills, missed work days, reduced earning capacity, permanent scarring, life-long disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment, and much more. We would be pleased to offer you a complimentary, confidential burn injury lawsuit evaluation and consultation. The Dietrich Legal Team’s seasoned attorneys are available 24/7 at (814) 839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. Please call us today to determine if filing a lawsuit is right for you.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (814) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!