Elite Hand and Wrist Injury Lawyers in Erie, Pennsylvania
Our arms, hands, and wrists are incredibly intricate, comprised of dozens of bones, muscles, and tendons. These components work in tandem to perform precise movements and tasks. However, the hands and wrists are very vulnerable, with many blood vessels and nerves running just underneath the skin, protected only by a thin layer of muscle and fat. When accidents happen, the hands and wrists are—more often than not—most people’s first line of defense, used to brace their body against an impending fall or shield their face from incoming debris. Any injury, even an injury that does not result in long-term damage, could make it more difficult for an accident victim to perform tasks unassisted. In a worst-case scenario, victims face a lifetime of disability.
Even when they do not seem serious, hand and wrist injuries almost always require prompt medical attention. Unfortunately, the high costs of health care make it difficult for most Pennsylvania residents to obtain the high-quality treatment they need. While the Keystone State’s no-fault insurance system helps automobile accident victims receive reimbursement for many out-of-pocket expenses, insurance adjusters are not always willing to offer fair settlements. For many Erie, Pennsylvania, accident victims, securing compensation could seem like an unachievable task. However, if you—or a loved one—have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you could have options beyond pain, suffering, and endless negotiations.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is committed to upholding the rights of accident victims throughout the Flagship City. Our experienced team of hand and wrist injury attorneys knows what it takes to build a compelling, evidence-based case for recompense—and we have the results to prove it. Since 2005, our team of hand and wrist injury attorneys has helped our clients obtain more than $175 million in damages. We could help you, too. Please send us a message online or call us at 814-839-3939 to schedule your 100% free, no-obligation consultation.Causes of Hand and Wrist Injuries
Some common hand and wrist injuries, like arthritis, are often unavoidable. However, others are the result of negligence. Hand and wrist injuries could be caused by trips and unexpected slip and falls. A negligence-related hand or wrist injury could be caused by a motor vehicle accident, a motorcycle collision, or a slip and fall accident.
Recovering from an unexpected hand or wrist injury is rarely easy. However, you do not have to bear the costs of recovery alone. Under Pennsylvania state law, accident victims have a legal right to file a claim against any person, party, or entity that caused their accident-related injuries. If you or a family member have sustained a serious hand or wrist injury in an Erie, Pennsylvania, accident that was not your fault, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you obtain the compensation you need and the justice you deserve. Please call us at 814-839-3939 to speak to an attorney and schedule your no-obligation consultation.
HAVE YOU INJURED YOUR HAND or WRIST in an ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, ACCIDENT?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 814-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Hand and wrist injuries range in severity. The most common types of hand and wrist injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Wrist Sprains: A sprain occurs when the strong, fibrous tissues that connect bones are overstretched or torn. Sprains can be mild, moderate, or severe. Severe sprains are considered significant injuries and may require emergency medical care or even surgery.
- Wrist Fractures: A wrist fracture occurs whenever any of the eight bones of the wrist are broken. Wrist fractures can be non-displaced, meaning that the broken bones do not move out of their initial position or are displaced, making the wrist appear crooked or lopsided. Serious fractures can take months to heal fully.
- Hand Fractures: A hand fracture is a break or crack in any of the bones of the hand. Most hand fractures are caused by direct blows or falls. However, motor vehicle crashes and motorcycle collisions could also cause serious hand fractures.
- Mallet Finger: Mallet finger is an injury to the tendon that straightens the tip of a finger or thumb. When mallet finger occurs, the tendons that attach the finger muscle to the bone tear or detach entirely. While mallet finger is most often associated with sports injuries, it can be caused by any traumatic impact.
- Joint Dislocations: A joint dislocation occurs whenever two bones separate at a joint. In general, joint dislocations are painful and can cause temporary deformation and immobilization. According to Penn Medicine, while most dislocations heal in a matter of weeks, blood vessel injuries and nerve injuries could delay recovery times. Additionally, once a joint is dislocated, the same joint faces a greater risk of dislocation.
Without the right treatment, a hand or wrist injury could cause chronic, lifelong pain. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is committed to providing unparalleled service to anyone who has been injured in an Erie, Pennsylvania accident. Our experienced team of hand and wrist injury attorneys could help you negotiate the settlement you need to reclaim your independence. Please send us a message online or call us at 814-839-3939 to schedule your free consultation as soon as possible.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 814-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!