Car crashes can range in severity from minor cuts and bruises to total paralysis and even death. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2019, over 36,000 victims died in car accidents. The actual injuries suffered depend considerably on the nature of the accident, the speed of the cars, the type of vehicles involved, and whether or not the occupants were wearing their seatbelts. Unfortunately, many victims suffer long-term effects from car accidents that outlive their initial visits to the emergency room.
The 5 Most Prevalent Types of Car Crashes
To better protect you and your family from suffering a devastating accident, it is crucial to be aware of the common types of collisions. Below, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced team has listed the most frequently occurring car accidents along with tips to avoid them:
- Rear-End Collisions: This type of accident occurs when one vehicle strikes the back of the car in front of them. There were more than 1.7 million rear-end collisions in a single recent year alone, accounting for roughly 25 percent of all accidents. The best way to prevent a rear-end accident is to maintain a safe distance between other vehicles at all times and avoid suddenly slamming on your brakes.
- T-Bone Accidents: These side-impact crashes occur when the front of a vehicle smashes into the side of another. Statistically, injuries suffered in T-bone collisions tend to be more severe than other car accidents. Always exercise extreme caution and look both ways before driving through an intersection, even if you have the right-of-way.
- Head-On Collisions: Head-on collisions take place when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide. Because of the high speeds often involved, head-on crashes are often fatal accidents. You can protect yourself against this kind of crash by avoiding all distractions, never driving under the influence, and getting enough rest before getting behind the wheel.
- Sideswipe Accidents: This type of accident occurs when two cars traveling in a parallel manner make contact. Sideswipes are often caused by drivers drifting out of their respective lanes and unsafe lane changes. You can stay clear of sideswipe collisions by remaining in your lane and signaling before changing lanes.
- Single Vehicle Crashes: Single vehicle car accidents are prevalent among inexperienced drivers and often involve hitting stationary objects, running off the road, and spinning out of control. Most of these accidents can be prevented by obeying the speed limit, not driving during bad weather conditions, and never operating a vehicle while impaired.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, and his battle-tested car collision injury attorneys have decades of experience helping car accident victims, and their families maximize their compensation and obtain the justice they deserve. If you have been looking for the best personal injury attorney to take your case, your search is over. Our veteran team will provide you with the representation necessary to hold a negligent driver responsible for the damage that they caused. Schedule your no-obligation, complimentary consultation, and case evaluation today! Contact us twenty-four-seven, at 716-839-3939, to learn more about how our elite team will aggressively fight to protect your legal rights.