Victims suffer injuries in tens of millions of severe accidents every year, such as slips and falls, collisions, and dog bites. Most of these injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence or even recklessness. The consequences of being involved in an accident can range from serious personal injuries and post-traumatic stress disorder to the destruction of property and costly hospital bills. Over 40 million accident victims require medical care due to various personal injuries each year. If you or a loved one have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be wondering what type of lawyer to call.
Personal Injury Attorneys Help Accident Victims
If you, or a family member, have been injured in an accident that was caused by another’s carelessness, a personal injury lawyer is someone who can provide you with legal representation. Personal injury lawyers specialize in tort law, including negligent and intentional acts. This type of attorney focuses on pursuing monetary compensation for accident victims through civil litigation. It is crucial to choose a lawyer who has significant experience litigating the type of injury related to your case.
Types Of Cases Litigated By Personal Injury Lawyers
A broad range of injury claims falls under personal injury law. The most common practice areas under the personal injury umbrella include:
- Car Accidents: Each year, millions of victims are severely injured in collisions. Crashes frequently result from negligent driving practices, like speeding and distracted driving.
- Premises Liability Claims: Every property owner is legally obligated to take reasonable actions to ensure that those who enter their land, home, or business do not get hurt by dangerous conditions. Several types of cases fall under premises liability law, such as slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, and parking lot mishaps.
- Product Liability: Despite various government regulations, consumers are still injured by defective products. Product liability law can hold the manufacturer liable for all resulting damages when a product is unsafe for its intended purpose.
- Medical Malpractice: When a health care professional’s act or failure to act deviates from the standard of care and harms a patient, this can be considered medical malpractice. Dicey surgical procedures, misdiagnosis, mistakes in treatment, and unsuitable post-treatment are all common types of medical malpractice.
- Sexual Assault: While also considered a crime, victims can choose to pursue civil litigation against their perpetrators. Roughly 481,000 people are sexually victimized annually. Due to the sensitive nature of these cases, victims need a compassionate and understanding attorney.
Discuss Your Case With A Battle-Tested Buffalo, New York Personal Injury Lawyer
Retaining a highly experienced personal injury attorney will provide you with the best chance of maximizing your compensation. You may be eligible to pursue damages for all medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, life-long disability, permanent disfigurement, loss of consortium, decreased future earning capacity, and much more. Jed Dietrich, Esq., celebrated as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, has recovered more than $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements for his clients. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s top rated team today for your complimentary case evaluation. We are available twenty-four-seven at 716-839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.