Buffalo Railroad Accident Injury Attorneys
Railroad injuries can be complicated and having the wrong attorneys can cost you dearly. The Dietrich Law Firm currently has cases pending in several states against railroads for train accidents. Through its extensive connections with railroad unions and railroad safety experts, the firm has access to the most critical information and the finest experts in the field of train safety.
The most common causes of railroad accidents and derailments, train crashes and rail accidents were caused by negligence, rule violations, or other careless conduct. Negligence by an employee, such as a train conductor, or railroad maintenance mechanic or rail inspector may involve:
- Excessive train speed
- Improper switching
- Substandard train operating practices
- Failure to use signal horn
- Defective crossing signal
- Faulty train track
- Lack of rail inspection
- Operator fatigue
- Defective highway rail & railroad crossings
- Inadequate signal interchanges
- Hazardous chemicals or waste materials
- Sun Kinks
- Alcohol or illegal drug use
- Improper locomotive fuel tank integrity
A comprehensive study done by the Federal Railway Administration determined that over 3,699 Americans were killed at railroad grade crossings between 1990 and 1995. During this same period, there were over 25,000 accidents at railroad grade crossings which seriously injured thousands of Americans. Unfortunately, many of these deaths and injuries are needless. Hazardous crossings, improper equipment, negligent train crews, and careless drivers all add to the toll. Unfortunately, the lives of many individuals and families are profoundly affected by these railroad transportation accidents.
The National Transportation Safety Board reports that more than 80% of public crossings do not have gates or safety lights. In addition 60% of all train accidents happen at crossings without them. Other reasons for Railroad fault in crossing accidents include:
- Obstructed crossing from vegetation or other objects
- Limited sight distance for vehicle operators or the train
- Trains approaching crossings without lights on and horn sounding
- Unsafe locomotive cab protruding metal or structural parts, weak steel parts, lack of full body protection, poor seats or seats with protruding steel on support brackets.
Your Solution to Your Railroad Injury Case
The Dietrich lawfirm has extensive experience representing the victims of railroad accidents, they have access to the finest accident reconstruction experts, computer simulation experts, and manufacturing engineer experts. As railroad injury lawyers, the firm has relationships with dozens of doctors, specialists, and other health care professionals to assist its clients
IF YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED IN A RAILROAD ACCIDENT – CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION!