Hernia Mesh Recall Lawsuits
If your hernia repair surgery involved a hernia mesh implant, you need to know whether the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a recall on your mesh product. Patients who have suffered serious injuries after being implanted with defective hernia mesh products have been filing lawsuits against the manufacturers and other responsible parties. Lawsuits in opposition to mesh manufacturers such as Ethicon, Bard, Atrium and Genzyme claim that the mesh implants cause severe injuries including adhesions, obstruction, seroma, fistula, chronic pain, infections and organ perforation. Many patients were forced to endure several unplanned revision surgeries to have the defective mesh removed and damaged organs repaired.
If you experienced serious health difficulties after undergoing hernia mesh surgery, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorney, and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York hernia mesh recall injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today so that we can help you. Our team understands the distress and apprehension you may be experiencing after suffering unnecessary defective hernia mesh-related injuries. Although any surgery can cause pain and adverse effects, some complications due to recalled hernia mesh products place victims in life-threatening danger if they do not receive treatment or corrective surgery. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations, and our team would be honored to speak to you about your possible claim. Contact us today at 716-839-3939.
Hernia repair patients demand to know exactly when mesh manufacturers became aware that their products could cause such harmful health consequences. Injured patients also want to know why they were not warned about the related complications before their surgeries. Those who suffered adverse events and serious complications allege hernia mesh companies:
- Failed to satisfactorily test the hernia mesh products before placing them on the market;
- Manufactured and distributed defective mesh implants;
- Purposefully concealed the associated issues, risks and dangers of their devices; and
- Misrepresented both the effectiveness and safety of their hernia repair mesh products.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER SEVERE HEALTH PROBLEMS AFTER UNDERGOING HERNIA MESH REPAIR SURGERY IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS AGGRESSIVE, TENACIOUS AND HARDWORKING TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK FAULTY HERNIA MESH SURGERY INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Numerous product liability lawsuits have been filed against hernia mesh product companies throughout the country. The plaintiffs claim that manufacturers had an obligation to warn doctors and their patients about any known complications of mesh implants as well as potential defects. Many mesh implants received approval through the FDA’s expedited process. Lawsuits against manufacturers, such as Ethicon and Atrium, have been consolidated in district court to save on time and court costs. Below are some of the major ongoing cases regarding hernia mesh lawsuits:
- Physiomesh: Plaintiffs assert that the multi-layer coating of Physiomesh prevented sufficient incorporation of the mesh, which led to severe complications. The implant is also alleged to be inadequate to endure regular abdominal forces, bringing about herniations through the implanted mesh itself.
- Atrium (C-Qur): Claims against Atrium’s C-Qur contend that its fish oil coating caused serious complications such as detachment of the mesh, adhesions and adherence to internal tissues and organs, severe abdominal pain and hernia recurrence. Many plaintiffs were forced to endure revision surgery and crucial operations to fully remove the mesh and repair organ damage.
- Covidien: Lawsuits associated with Covidien’s mesh products claim that the resin-based plastic contained in its implants was unsafe for human use. As such, the plastic should never have been used in any medical application involving contact with internal body tissues or implantation in the body. The plastic rings contained in Covidien’s mesh implants are suspected to have caused chronic pain, infections, obstructions and perforations.
If your hernia repair surgery involved a recalled mesh or you are unsure which type of mesh was used in your surgery, and you have questions about your hernia repair, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of hazardous hernia mesh injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York can help you obtain that information from your surgeon. Every day, attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims that suffer from health issues after undergoing hernia repair surgery in Western New York. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $150,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to resolve personal injury claims. Do not allow careless and irresponsible hernia mesh manufacturers to get away with destroying your life. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!